News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which one is correct? 1968 B-Body BB(except Hemi) with A/C Heater Hose Bracket

Started by VegasCharger, March 06, 2015, 08:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegasCharger

Okay I've done much research to help me answer this question using Google, eBay and Mopar forums. And there is no clear cut info. on what is the correct heater hose bracket for:

1968 B Body Big Block (not including Hemi) and with A/C. Here are two links that prove my point. Both links claiming the same application above but different brackets.

Links:

#1   http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-67-68-GTX-Roadrunner-AC-Heater-Hose-Bracket-NEW-/400114024581?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d28a78085&vxp=mtr

#2   https://www.hooverautoparts.com/products/Brackets/D.php

Or is this one of those parts that this plant did it this way and that plant does it that way? If so what would be the Lynch Road version?

Charger-Bodie

Both. The one with rubber coating goes by the alternater, and the other on the valve cover.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

VegasCharger

Thanks Brian!!!
I guess I could've added that to the equation of asking if both are used. I was pretty sure it was the valve cover one because my 68 Charger has the original covers on the 383 and on the RH side one it had that insert for the heater hose bracket. Funny though I've search the internet for 68 Chargers underhood shots and I don't remember seeing a 68 Charger BB with A/C that had BOTH brackets. It was either one or the other. Or even the 69 Charger version one on the inner fender.

Thanks again buddy :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: