News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stelling Low-profile Air Filter

Started by 5hunert, February 18, 2015, 12:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5hunert

Here's one for the old timers.  What is the proper replacement air filter element for a Stelling low profile air cleaner?  It looks like just a piece of foam rubber.

Also, is the housing retained to the carb just by gravity?  I see no way of tying it down.

68 RT

You can use filter media, it comes in rolls or sheets, would have to cut to fit. Grainger sells it or an hvac supplier. Thought those were held on with somer type of band clamp? Neat air filter.  :2thumbs:

68 RT

HPP

The Weiand versions I've seen had a strap connected to the baseplate that attached to the carb stud.

5hunert

Here's the bottom and an "exploded" view

Wicked72

M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

HPP

Yup, the base is where the Weiand's had the strap. It was maybe 3/8" wide, spot welded to the lip around the carb opening with a hole dead center to attach to the carb.

Might have to cobble up something similar to hold it down.

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

A383Wing

be careful that your under hood insulation doesn't fall down on top of the air cleaner if you have one