News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

eastwood mig welder

Started by flyinlow, December 22, 2014, 05:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyinlow

Anyone own an Eastwood 175 Mig welder? 

I have a Lincoln 135 and wanted to step up.

chargerman69

I have a eastwood store just down my road and my buddy asks them about the welders every time were there and says there pretty good its what he has for his shop in back

Troy

I researched them for weeks (maybe months) when I was looking to buy my own welder. Then I steered myself to their Tig welders because you really can't beat the price anywhere. The reviews I read were mostly positive with lots of good things to say. The biggest drawback I saw was that if anything went wrong you have to ship it back to Eastwood. No local support. In the end, I got a 25% deal during a Christmas sale last year on a Hobart 210MVP and I really can't be happier. I've been steering a friend towards the Eastwood though and I hope he gets one so I can see if I was right.

One thing to note: "they say" it uses standard consumables but I purchased their spot weld accessory tip thing and it doesn't fit my Hobart (which should be the same gun all Hobarts and Millers use). It does fit theirs. Perhaps they were only saying the tips were common? Something to check out I guess.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

flyinlow

Thanks for the replies.

Ended up getting a Lincoln Pro Mig 180 .   Past positive experiences with Lincoln products, ease of getting parts and consumables  , an Ohio company and of course getting an extra 15% off at Lowes made the decision for me.