News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Manual Window Clip Attaching Glass

Started by 68CoronetRT, October 27, 2014, 11:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68CoronetRT

Hey Guys - Trying to find this plastic clip as it broke last weekend trying to roll the window down. I have the clip and it appears to have sheered the little ears off.

I stole this pic off this site and added some MS paint work to it to show what I'm talking about. It attaches the bracket to the actual hole in the glass.

Thanks!

Shakey

On page 2 of my Interior Assembly thread I made note of the plastic rivet in question.  I failed to mention where I purchased new ones.  I would have to guess that I purchased it from R/T Specialties as I know I got all of the other items from them for this aspect of the project.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=156u15sg0chd75e2qpv8bsgcp2&topic=28517.25

68CoronetRT

Hmm This looks close but not quite correct.

http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=1005867

Dont see anything else under "rivet" from these guys.

A383Wing

I got mine from Mega Parts when I did my front windows this year....

68CoronetRT

Does the back break off after installation?

bill440rt

Nothing should break off.
It is a rivet clip. The rivet part is inserted thru the glass into the bracket, then the pin gets inserted into the clip to lock in in place. Very self-explanatory once you get it in your hand.

Mega Parts or RTS should have them.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

A383Wing

Quote from: 68CoronetRT on October 28, 2014, 03:34:42 PM
Does the back break off after installation?

no, they do not break after install, but they will break if you try to remove old ones that have been in there for many years

Make sure it's installed correctly though, rivet pushes in from outside to inside of car....I made the mistake of not noticing how they go in, had to pull everything apart and put it in correctly

comet_666

I would call RT/ Specialties, I had a hard time finding what I needed there a few times and they knew what I needed.

Moparparts

I have a new one in stock and quite a few good used ones PM or e-mail me

Quote from: 68CoronetRT on October 27, 2014, 11:05:50 PM
Hey Guys - Trying to find this plastic clip as it broke last weekend trying to roll the window down. I have the clip and it appears to have sheered the little ears off.

I stole this pic off this site and added some MS paint work to it to show what I'm talking about. It attaches the bracket to the actual hole in the glass.

Thanks!

68CoronetRT

So why does this pic attached have a flat back and the one on this http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=1005867 have like a pin coming out the back?

A383Wing

Your pic is the installed version. The link shows how it is before installation

68CoronetRT

Oh!! Does it push through the center spreading the little arms? That would make sense.

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

A383Wing

Quote from: 68CoronetRT on October 28, 2014, 08:27:04 PM
Oh!! Does it push through the center spreading the little arms? That would make sense.

:2thumbs: