News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SEM Landau or Satin black?

Started by Dino, July 27, 2014, 02:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Which one is least glossy?  I prefer a matter look on the plastic parts.  I used trim black on my bezels which I really like but need something a bit stronger so whatever is closest to that. 

What about door panels?  Landau or Satin?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bill440rt

Dino, I believe their Landau Black is their vinyl color paint designed for vinyl & plastic.
It gives a very authentic appearance of black plastic & vinyl interior parts.
Not sure about their Satin paint.
:2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Dino

Thanks Bill  :cheers:

I'll grab a can of each and do a comparison.

GPULLER

I used satin on my rear seats it matched the shine of the new Legendary seat covers.  From what I've found the Landau is gloss.

BananaDan

I used the Landau on my interior plastics at Bill's recommendation and they came out great.  I called SEM tech support and there is a process they recommend when painting plastics.  See this thread on my interior resto on the 70 site.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=179.msg3313#msg3313
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Monziac

I just sprayed Landau Black this week and LOVE IT! Photo is too big to attach here but PM your email and I will send to you. Jon

bull

SEM Color Coat is for vinyl, and fabric. Color Coat 15013 Landau is awesome stuff. :2thumbs: I used it on my upper and lower dash pads, ash tray, arm rests, upper door pads, etc. Works and looks great.

SEM Bumper Coater is primarily for plastics; used their satin black on my console shell and a few other pieces. Used their 39283 light titanium metallic for the silver portion of my grill. A dead-ringer match to the original shade.

Dino

Great timing, I was just looking at my faded grille today and figured it was time to redo it.  I love these SEM products.   :2thumbs: