News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone use something else in the radio slot besides a radio?

Started by oldcarnut, November 07, 2014, 10:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

I don't ever use the radio when I'm driving in the B-Bodies especially when it's just an AM.  Most time cant hear them anyway and I prefer to listen to the car. I was thinking of mounting an in dash camera in the spot for back up, driving, or whatever.  A backup camera would definitely help the wife see behind her.  Just wondering if anyone has used something similar or placed something different in the radio place.  I can make any kind of mount plate to match the rest of the custom dash since none of its original anyway.  Had thought about the GPS stuff but heck that's on just about every cell phone now.  Anyone got any ideas or pics of something they did?

Ghoste

Old Moparz

I'm thinking about an espresso maker since the radio sucks.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

RallyeMike

On the 72, switches for my electric fans and cooling pump.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

oldcarnut

I've been doing some looking around and thinking of using the space for power convertor plugs and or USB SD mp3 mini audio amplifier.  I could place the 12v cig, 12v-USB 5v, 12v to 115 and place hook up for the amplifier.  They all come in various configurations and would easily mount on the backside of the face plate. I could play anything, charge anything, and even enjoy the espresso on the go if I ever decide to try and drink the stuff.  My gauges already all have adjustable set points that have connections that can be activated to those set points automatically--such as extra fan at 190 deg. I saw a lot on eBay so I may go to the local tech stores and check in person the practicality.