News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

67 charger gauge problem

Started by manny296, September 26, 2014, 11:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manny296

Hey guys, my Oil and Temp gauges are fried. I did all the tests I could find on this site as well as chargersource.com. Is there a way to fix the gauges? I cant find any parts or even new replacement gauges. I just ordered a new instrument cluster voltage regulator and will attempt to rewire the cluster. Anyone have any recommendations on parts?

I'm also looking for new or rebuilt headlight motors and switches.

thanks in advance for any help

Ghoste

They can be fixed, it isn't always easy.  I think J Bond has a buddy who is trying to bust into the guage repair biz on the fastbacks.

A383Wing

curious as to where you ordered a new regulator for the Charger cluster, seeing as it's not a remove and replace style like most cars. The limiter is built into the fuel gauge, and is not replaced unless you perform surgery on the gauge innards.

I have new relay sets here for the rotating headlight motors

there are people out here that can rebuild your entire cluster....go here for prices and contact info --> www.thegaugedoc.com

Bryan

manny296

The new voltage limiter is from Napa Auto Parts. Part #ECH-IR9, its about $50. It has to be mounted to the outside then wired to the gauges. go to http://www.chargersourceguide.com/ and search for Gauges Voltage Limiter. there are pictures and details.

the relays on for my headlight motors seem to work ok, I think the motor is the issue. Do you have part numbers for the relays?

A383Wing

you need to perform surgery on the OE fuel gauge and remove the burned up limiter. Bet you are gonna find the fuel gauge winding's burnt as well. I also doubt your oil and temp gauges will start working after you wire in that external limiter, because the windings in those two gauges will burn as well. I would have bought the limiter from RTE that has protection against voltage spikes....same price, better limiter

so you actually have not tested the headlight system properly? You are just guessing? If you are gonna be working on the electrical in this car, I suggest getting a service manual and read it thoroughly

I provided a lot of those pictures and details on that site, and a lot that is there is wrong also...

The relays are built by me here at my house, contact me when you need a set