News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Crazy Larry 1:18 DIECAST RELEASE UPDATE! New pics!

Started by jwramc, June 30, 2014, 07:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwramc

DIECAST RELEASE UPDATE! We know you've all been "begging for more" on the upcoming AutoWorld 1/18 Dirty Mary Crazy Larry Charger, and Dave, Gregg and I have just what you're looking for! Remember this red car is a *pre-production* sample, but even at this stage, Larry's Charger looks ready to "haul ass to Bucolla"!  :2thumbs:

If you're still hungry for more, then check out the second shot- a photoshopped "dazzler" that *I* did, showing the car more fully dressed.  :drool5:

One retailer has stated this is his best-selling item in the past few years and it hasn't even been MADE yet! This thing is gonna sell out FAST, just as we predicted!!

For those of you that collect and modify your own diecast cars, we've also gotten word that these tires and wheels will likely be sold separately as a set of four next year to use on just about any 1:18 car you might want a set of quality 5-slot wheels on. Another victory for collectors.  :cheers:

Keep the faith, cuz the "Yella Flash" is coming!!

John

Ghoste

TPR

I was just thinking about this today, wondering when the next update was coming.
All signs point to a winner here.
Thanks JW.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

Ghoste

I wonder how hard it would be to get some of those 1:18 figurines and modify a few to look like Larry, Deke and Mary?

jwramc

You're so welcome. :)

I'm loving the size of the rubber....AND the stance. AutoWorld is really putting major effort to get it as 'right' as the mold will allow. All the back-n-forth emails, online and offline reasearch, begging, and trial and error...as well as the 2012 aborted attempt... are finally paying off.

I know I sound like a company flunky / salesman when I mention it, but as a collector that's wanted this car forever, I know I'd be upset to miss out on this one... and we still haven't been told how many will be made (my wild guess is somewhere around 1200). And the way pre-orders have been going, anybody waiting 'til after it releases to order one may be very disappointed.

As for figurines, I've had the same idea and gathered a few 4" figures to modify. I have Indiana Jones and Mutt from the last film to create Larry and Deke, then a cute blonde figure from an unknown source that really fits Mary quite well. :D
John

Ghoste

Whats the Chevy diecast?  I know what it is, I mean mfg and model number stuff.

jwramc

Quote from: Ghoste on June 30, 2014, 07:49:40 AM
Whats the Chevy diecast?  I know what it is, I mean mfg and model number stuff.

33419 BU, ERTL-American Muscle. Chevrolet Biscayne (1966) released 2003. Unfortunately it's a post-window two door Biscayne, not a hardtop four door Impala, but it's likely as close as we'll ever get.

Autoworld released it again a bit more detailed and in a darker (more film correct?) blue about two years ago.

AMM923 Auto World ERTL Elite Edition American Muscle - 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne Coupe
John

jwramc

Here's a nice comparison between the tire size normally used on the Authentics Charger diecasts... and the new tires created for Larry's car shown on the earlier prototype (the red RT with black roof we showed you in March). You can see the rear wells are virtually stuffed to the gills with rubber!

Also note the tread pattern is from the BF Goodrich Radial T/A. That choice was a small compromise in order to make these tires more desirable in separate wheel sets later. While Larry's car wore blackwalls, the new tires can be printed with just about any raised white lettering, so that BFG RWLs will finally be possible for any car you might wish to modify... and other brand lettering as well.
John

UFO

WHOO HOO.
Thanks for pushing this thru.
I got off the buying diecast craze because of having too many already,but this falls into the must have category.

Ghoste

jwramc

Quote from: Ghoste on June 30, 2014, 09:34:07 PM
I can live with the tires.

I assume you mean the BFG tread pattern. We know the film car wore Good Year W/S bias ply whitewalls mounted backwards, and figured that tread pattern would have really limited appeal, while BFGs are so rare on diecasts and would be welcome on future releases and in wheel sets for customizing.
John

TPR

Quote from: jwramc on July 01, 2014, 05:44:43 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on June 30, 2014, 09:34:07 PM
I can live with the tires.

while BFGs are so rare on diecasts and would be welcome on future releases and in wheel sets for customizing.

Good call.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

jwramc

John