News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 Groove Pulley Interchange...

Started by csx4590, September 13, 2014, 07:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csx4590

I have a '69  with power steering and factory air. It was originally a 383 HP car and is now a 440 non HP car. The guy putting my engine together says that the 4 groove pulley off of the 383 will not fit the 440. Something about the bolt holes don't line up.  Do they interchange or is there another pulley for the 440 that I need? I am away from home this weekend so I don't have any photos of the old pulley or the new engine to show right now...

As always, thanks for the great info here. If I can get this last hurdle jumped, I might have a running car in next weekend...

BSB67

They offset one bolt.  Don't remember the year that they changed .  So it is probably an older balanced and newer pulley, or vise versa.  Just elongate the one bolt hole, or run it with four bolts

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

fy469rtse

Line it up on your old engine
mark the hole that needs to be elongated so you can put the extra bolt in