News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Dodge Charger Hazard/Flasher and Side Marker Indicatior Lights Questions

Started by knightprowl, September 24, 2014, 06:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knightprowl

Hi,

I was wondering about the hazard/flasher lights. I know the rear brake lights have hazard/flasher lights and I am guessing the front valance turn signals do as well. But I want to know. Do the headlights, hood turn signals and side marker indicators flash when the hazard/flashers are on.

Or is it just the rear brake lights and front valance turn signals. Also do all four side marker indicators come on when the headlights are on or is it just the front or rear. And do they blink when the turn signals or flashers are on as well. I am just wondering on these things. So please let me know when you can.

Thank you and Peace.

paironines

The side markers are just reflectors in 69 so they don't light up at all. Do the hood lights blink when flashers are on? Good question but ive never seen them blink together or never paid attention. I know on my 68, the side markers don't blink when tail lights are blinking or turning.

A383Wing

the front turn lights, rear turn lights, the 2 turn indicators in the dash, and hood indicator blinker lights should all blink with 4-way flashers on.....nothing else

Mike DC

QuoteThe side markers are just reflectors in 69 so they don't light up at all.

This is correct.

The '69 sidemarker lights (rectangular ones on the fenders & quarters) were indeed dummys.  Chrysler found a loophole in the Federal law, took advantage of it for '69, and then the loophole was closed again the next year.  1968 cars had real lights (the little round ones), and 1970 cars were back to having real (rectangular) lights, but '69s had just yellow/red plastic lenses with no bulbs or wiring behind them.   

HANDM

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on September 24, 2014, 10:56:14 PM

QuoteThe side markers are just reflectors in 69 so they don't light up at all.

This is correct.

The '69 sidemarker lights (rectangular ones on the fenders & quarters) were indeed dummys.  Chrysler found a loophole in the Federal law, took advantage of it for '69, and then the loophole was closed again the next year.  1968 cars had real lights (the little round ones), and 1970 cars were back to having real (rectangular) lights, but '69s had just yellow/red plastic lenses with no bulbs or wiring behind them.   

I wondered why they weren't lit up,    Thanks!

myk

Cheaper to produce on the factory line.  If car companies could sell you a piece of paper for the price of a car they'd do it...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

fy469rtse

Mine light up ,  :2thumbs:
Oh I changed them , hated the cheap nasty reflectors , loved the side marker clearance lights in my 68

Ghoste

Cooter

Hadda customer request that his actually work. So, I took Maverick side marker and reworked em to g it behind the reflectors.  Actually looked pretty good.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Skull-1

I want to replace my reflectors with lights purely for safety reasons.   Wish I had the skill to do it...
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6231.0.html

1969 Dodge Charger "Ol' Yeller"
1991 Buick Regal Custom
1992 Buick Regal Custom
1995 Buick Regal Gran Sport
1996 Buick Regal SE (R.I.P.)

fy469rtse

you dont need skills, , Google or look for LED 's now availiable for these , direct fit in ,
came out just after i finished modifying mine ,

A383Wing

I made mine light up....took some "A" body housings and adapted them to the housings of the 69 ones.....did it back in the mid 90'a when putting the car together

Skull-1

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6231.0.html

1969 Dodge Charger "Ol' Yeller"
1991 Buick Regal Custom
1992 Buick Regal Custom
1995 Buick Regal Gran Sport
1996 Buick Regal SE (R.I.P.)