News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 dodge charger

Started by chrisbinks, September 12, 2014, 08:42:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisbinks

hi guys.   I'm looking at buying a 1970 dodge charger.   dream car since been a kid  .   the body panels are all shot on this one I'm looking at.

does any one know of anywhere that gives me an idea of how to remove the following.

front wings

back wings

roof skin

also this one is column shift is it possible to change it to console shift.  I'm not sure what the proper term for that is.  ill be putting in a 426 hemi which I'm building and fitting a 727 torque flight transmission.    is it a case of changing the floor paneling to allow for the shifter?

many thanks for everyones help in advance

regards

chris

70 sublime

The transimission hump is already set up for the floor shifter , just need to cut one hole for the linkage

Look here for other 70 Charger stuff  :2thumbs:

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?PHPSESSID=faaee65c0a066b11ff0c9fbdf6e04d0a;www
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

70 sublime

front wings ????

Do you mean front fenders ?

chrisbinks

hi thats brilliant.   sorry i do apologise  yes i mean fenders.   sorry .

hemi-hampton

What are back wings? Quarter Panels :scratchchin:  LEON.

chrisbinks

yes quarter panels.   ok ok I'm used to working on land rovers and I'm from the uk so theres something wrong with me i know haha

70 sublime

I hope the car you are looking at comes with all the tin parts because if you need front fenders 1/4 panneles and a roof they better be just giving you the car  :-\

Might get very pricey fast if you have to get all that stuff shipped across the pond

chrisbinks

its just showing abit of rust i just wanted to prepair myself for it. but for me it would be worth it like i say wanted this cars since been a kid.

70 sublime

dual fours

Quote from: chrisbinks on September 13, 2014, 02:40:07 PM
its just showing abit of rust i just wanted to prepair myself for it. but for me it would be worth it like i say wanted this cars since been a kid.
Quote from: chrisbinks on September 13, 2014, 04:01:38 AM
yes quarter panels.   ok ok I'm used to working on land rovers and I'm from the uk so theres something wrong with me i know haha
Welcome chrisbinks, you want a 70 Charger, aha that's it, there is something wrong with you  :lol:.
Is this Charger the one you wanted since a kid, or just a 70 in general?
I bet the Charger has a bonnet also?
Pictures please. :popcrn: 
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

chrisbinks

Just a 69 or 70 charger.   Always wanted one.   But to build it myself.