News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Video Review: Challenger Hellcat

Started by NYCMille, July 30, 2014, 10:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYCMille

Hey Guys -

Just thought I'd post a video review we did on the new Challenger Hellcat. It's a short form review but it will help give you an idea of what the Hellcat is like. Unfortunately when we tested the cars at PIR it poured, so speeds were limited. Rest assured though that this thing is EXTREMELY fast (0-60 3.5 / 200 mph top end). The brakes are killer and the interior is a massive step up for Dodge. If you've got questions let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.

http://youtu.be/Awuh5gPvqm0

Cheers - Mike

1970Moparmann

Very cool video Mike.  Too bad the weather sucked or you could have really seen what it would do.  :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

SnoPro440

I'm thinking of dumping my Procharged 2012 Challenger SRT8 to move into one of these.  I heard a rumor that if the 'RED' key was used, the warranty is void.  No clue if there is any truth to that.  Have you heard anything on that?

What are your thoughts on the Hellcat versus a previous year SRT-8?  Such as handling, braking, comfort, etc.

Thanks
Troy  

2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

Indygenerallee

the red key voiding your warranty deal sounds silly, do you think Dodge would even include the key if it would void the warranty???
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Indygenerallee on July 30, 2014, 12:03:06 PM
the red key voiding your warranty deal sounds silly, do you think Dodge would even include the key if it would void the warranty???

Yea, I'm with you on this. They could simply dump the dynamic data off the ECU and determine what you were doing and go from there.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Mytur Binsdirti

Nice video! The tire smoke coming out of the hood vents was pretty funny.  :lol:

Just for curiosity, what's with the inboard headlights? They were flashing at the end of the video. :2thumbs:

Bob T

Good clip Mike. With the weather handicapping the performance and likely since it was a launch with limited time frame, do you have plans to take it for a road trip for a week or so and fit some track time in along the way?
I'd say there would be a bit of a queue for that.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

SnoPro440

Pretty sure Ford did this with their Boss 302 cars and special keys.  I don't think it voided the warranty but lowered from a 5year/60K to a 3year/36K. 
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

NYCMille

As far as the warranty goes, the red key will not void it. There are 3 modes - a valet mode where the car won't go over 2k rpm and must start in 2nd gear. The black key, which limits power to 500 hp and the red key that gives all 707hp.

Troy - the Hellcat is leaps and bounds better. They had the "standard" 392 SRT cars there for comparison and they felt downright slow compared to the Hellcat. The Hellcat also has much better brakes - 6-pot Brembo w/ two piece rotors, better suspension and transmission an enhanced traction control system to handle the extra power. IMHO - it's a no brainer for $60K

NYCMille

Those "inboard headlights" are twin snorkel air intakes for the supercharger - it's actually pretty trick.

SnoPro440

Thanks Mike.  I appreciate the answers.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: NYCMille on July 30, 2014, 01:54:28 PM
Those "inboard headlights" are twin snorkel air intakes for the supercharger - it's actually pretty trick.

True, but in the video, they had flashing light rings around the inlet holes.  :shruggy:

NYCMille

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?