News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fan motor wont stop

Started by fireguyfire, July 30, 2014, 05:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fireguyfire

Hey guys; working the final little bugs out of my full resto on my 68 and I have a new issue that wasnt there when I finished the resto. My fan motor runs well thru the three speeds, but now even with the fan switch pulled all the way to the front on the dash, and everything else off, the fan keeps running on low. I have been disconnecting the battery so I doesnt drain; has anybody else had this problem? Like I say, it wasnt doing that before. Maybe there is an adjustment in the switch?
'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'69 Sweptline Adventurer pickup
'56 Dodge Regent

Dino

A/C car?  There's 3 fan speeds so with the slider all the way to the front it is on low speed.  The fan switch itself seems to work so you have an issue with the power supply.  The fan always runs on low with any control button depressed but it stops when you press the off button.  If yours does not turn off then I suggest you remove the unit from the dash and check the wiring. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

A383Wing

sounds like a wire on the AC switch is on the wrong terminal or switch itself is bad