News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do you guys think this 70 is worth?

Started by 1972DodgeChargerSE, July 14, 2014, 02:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1972DodgeChargerSE

There is a 1970 charger 500 383 auto car locally and I was wondering what you guys thought a good price for it would be. It has no engine/tranny, needs the passenger quarter, passenger rear wheel well, driver side quarter/patch, trunk floor,has some floor board rust but not a lot it could probably be patched, some rust on the hood it is savable though, no grille(does have headlight doors though), no dash(has frame just not the rest), no door panels, a cracked windshield, and someone put an aftermarket sun roof in :eek2: . It does have good fenders, bumpers, front valence, doors, rockers, tail light panel, frame rails, glass(other than windshield), a decent blue rear seat one small rip on the front and a real nice set of white 69 front buckets. The car also has its factory disc brakes, a heater box that is a little rusty and a few other odds and ends. Here are a few pictures:

Thank you for your time.

hemi-hampton

I'd say $500 at most :shruggy: :scratchchin:

I was being a little sarcastic here, I know it would get more then $500 Nowadays.  I keep thinking of the beater 1970 Charger I bought in late 80's in much much better shape then this for $150 bucks. Wish I still had that one for the mint burnt orange interior it had. :brickwall:

1972DodgeChargerSE

Quote from: hemi-hampton on July 14, 2014, 02:50:57 PM
How do you figure $500? You probably know what a good price is better than me but with completely rusted out cars to the point where they need every piece of metal replaced going for 4 - 6k, granted the fact they go for that much is insane, I would think this car would be worth more? Also have you seen any recently at that price? I have never seen one for less than 2k and the ones at that price made this one look like a 10/10.

myk

These days, that car could go for 2-4K, for sure...

hemi-hampton

I think all the basket cases today are all way over ppriced. Yeah, it might sell or get $5,000 but I only think it's worth $500. :Twocents: :shruggy:

DAY CLONA

A "good" price is what your comfortable paying, it's hard to determine "value"...the owner may have sentimental value, that raises the price, or makes for a no sale, you might be in hick land and $50 and a pack of Slim Jims seals the deal?, if that car was at Carlisle, it would be listed at $10K! or more....I've bought cars like that for little as $50 and up, too many variables to list a price, the only price that is accurate is the $25K-$50K your going to dump into it for a "restoration"

F8-4life

A 2nd gen charger with good frame rails..I'm thinking the market says 3k-4,500.
As a buyer I would maybe offer 2500 or so.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: F8-4life on July 14, 2014, 07:51:30 PM

With the picture of the trunk gone with big rust hole good chance the frame rails need replacing. If you want to spend $25- $50k on it's body work & paint I'm available to do the job. LEON.

hemi-hampton

Your rusted out Trunk will look like this when I'm done with it. LEON.

Unlesss you plan on doing all the work yourself.?

69bronzeT5

Quote from: F8-4life on July 14, 2014, 07:51:30 PM

My thoughts too...
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

indreams84

Quote from: hemi-hampton on July 14, 2014, 02:50:57 PM

I am inclined to agree with hemihampton.....why people buy trainwrecks for anything over a grand is beyond me
1969 Dodge Charger R/T #s Matching

Edelbroke

Didn't say if it has a title or fender tag. It rolls! That's a plus! Im getting tired of unloading my new Charger projects with slings and a back hoe.
So, with a title and fender tag I say $3000

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Mike DC

I wouldn't even give $5 for tickets to a Michael Bolton concert. 

But the market disagrees with me.   So I don't try to buy any tickets, and what I think they are worth is irrelevant. 

That Charger would probably bring at least a couple grand on the market these days. 

hemi-hampton

1972DodgeChargerSE

Leon, I looked at the car in person and one of the first things I did was check the frame rails and they are solid, that trunk floor is by far the worst rust in the car. The car you posted a link to is in seemingly far worse shape than this one, granted it does have the few nice parts that come with it, but most of those parts are good on this charger as well plus this car has a complete front end minus the grille and nice seats. That is not mention that this charger is a 70, which is by far the chargers best year. With that being said I think this charger would be a much better deal at 3k than the other would at 2k plus for me specifically I would have to deal with importing it and paying shipping with that 69 which would further add to the cost.  Also thanks for the offer on restoring it should I choose to buy it you do amazing work! However I do all my own work :2thumbs: I was also thinking around 3k would be a decent price based on the market which is right about what I can get it for, but I still don't know I want to spend that much for it. The car does have the fender tag, dash vin, and door sticker. Thanks everyone.

hemi-hampton

If your happy with $3k & seller is then thats what really matters. For me it really is hard to price rough project cars. In the long run it always better to get something complete & solid. If you can do most the work yourself that will save you lots of Money$$$. Good Luck. LEON. :scratchchin:

P.S.  YES, I agree the 70 is best as I have one.