News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Line fitting for master cylinder .

Started by Canadian1968, June 29, 2014, 09:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canadian1968

I need to bleed my master cylinder. So need to make up two small bleeder lines, which is not a big deal except the fitting that goes into the master cylinder itself is not a normal 3/16 fitting , the threaded part is much larger and is slightly extended at the end of the threads. How hard are these going to be to find ?? I just made a quick trip to Canadian tire with no luck. It's Sunday so not all stores are open. Is this something I should be able to find on Monday at napa ??

Charger-Bodie

Did the master cylinder come with plugs? The way they want you to bleed them now is to plug the line outlets and withe res full, pushnthe plunger until you stop seeing bubbles .
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Canadian1968

It's not a new master cylinder . I had the rear end out of the car and replaced all the brake lines goin to the rear of the car

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Canadian1968

That kit won't work . The fitting are to small

Canadian1968

They have another tool on their website . This looks to simple to be true but I will have check it out on wed http://www.napacanada.com/en/auto-parts-accessories/search/category.aspx#Detail

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Canadian1968

Ya i bought one. The package said  "Metric " I asked is there another kit for standard and was told no.  It was only $9 so I figured what the hell try it out. But the biggest fitting is not even really close what I need. Even if there was a standard equivalant to the kit, its still gonna be way to small. ??

rt green

I would go into napa, buy steel brake lines that fit into the master cylinder and bend them where you want. I have a few of these at work that I made.
third string oil changer

Canadian1968

But the normal ends that come on their steel lines are not the correct size to go into the master cylinder . The hole in the master cylinder is a 3/8 I think but needs to hold a 3/16 line . I can't believe how hard it seems to be to find one !!

Charger-Bodie

most parts stores will have brass nipples to adapt it for bleeding it out. just get a couple adapters and a short pice of line and cut it in half.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

jlatessa

Try part #700-1132 master cylinder bleeder kit at NAPA, it has all the fittings and hoses :cheers:.

Joe