News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Autotrader commercial with duke boys

Started by chargerman69, June 09, 2014, 05:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GL#10

Yes that's one of them , it was used for most
the driving by the stunt guys , it was easy to
Spot in the commercial , it had the big dent
Right in the middle of the rear quarter .
  Has since been repaired , I would have left
it the way it was .

Mike DC

I'm wondering why on earth they went back and resprayed the car's pre-existing green paint onto the rollcage tubing on the floor.

garywi

Just reading all the posts.  Question.  Where did they get all the cars.  I see one post from GL10 that says that is my 1968 jumping through the barn and the car dealer.  Did some people loan their own GLs?  Where did they get the real GLs from the series?  Did they lease them?  From who.  Does anyone have a pic of the GL that did the long jump into the cardboard boxes?  Hate to see more Chargers get bent up..

Dreamcar

The real ones have been owned by private owners for years now. See this site from one of the DC members (which will be amazing once done, I can 't wait for updates).

http://www.realgenerallee.com/2014-autotrader.com-commercial-gls.html
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

garywi

Yes, I followed the Dukes thing for years back in the Travis Bell days.  Here was mine.  Wish I would have never sold it.

Ghoste

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 25, 2014, 01:07:24 PM

I'm wondering why on earth they went back and resprayed the car's pre-existing green paint onto the rollcage tubing on the floor.

Good question, visual continuity? :shruggy:

GL#10

When the repaired the quarter on SGL3 , the owner had the interior floor repainted to tidy it up some .

Both of the tv series General lee's where leased from there California owners , they had to get permission from Warner Brother's to be used in the commercial .

The four stunt cars , where purchased by PCW  and built to tv series spec's ,  once the commercial was done filming the stunt cars where offered for sale .
  I happened to be told about the commercial a couple months before it happened and put my hand up for one of them immediately , having owned several tv series General lee's ,including the one in the commercial and several Movie General lee's , getting the chance to have one of the last Gl's used by the original cast (John and Tom) was too good to pass up .

Who knows if they will ever do another cast reunion, the last tv reunion was 2000  .

Dreamcar

In the behind the scenes video, at the 1:48 mark when they show the big dent on the quarter panel...i wonder if that's rust under the paint?
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

generallee16

The commercial car was born a 1968 Charger. It was a solid Arizona car to start

moparfan53

Quote from: Dreamcar on June 22, 2014, 08:07:58 PM
In case some of you haven't seen it, there's a behind the scenes video. I find it almost as cool as the commercial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlwVpCduEP0

Just getting caught up on this thread now. Thanks for posting the behind the scenes link. :2thumbs: