News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 fender taq question.

Started by bakerhillpins, November 19, 2010, 09:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakerhillpins

Can anyone tell me why some 69 fender tags have the body color listed 2 times on the second row of the fender tag and others only have it once? Might it have something to do with the plant it was built at?

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

y3chargerrt

Listed only once means it has a vinyl top. Listed twice means no vinyl.It told the paint guys to put color on the top.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

69CoronetRT

Quote from: bakerhillpins on November 19, 2010, 09:06:33 PM
Can anyone tell me why some 69 fender tags have the body color listed 2 times on the second row of the fender tag and others only have it once? Might it have something to do with the plant it was built at?

Yes it varies by plant and the reason above. Hamtramck built cars have it listed twice if the car does not have a vinyl top and only once if it does. St. Louis built cars have it listed twice regardless if the car has a vinyl top or not.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on November 20, 2010, 12:36:04 AM

Yes it varies by plant and the reason above. Hamtramck built cars have it listed twice if the car does not have a vinyl top and only once if it does. St. Louis built cars have it listed twice regardless if the car has a vinyl top or not.

I concur  :yesnod:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on November 20, 2010, 08:50:23 AM
Quote from: 69CoronetRT on November 20, 2010, 12:36:04 AM

I concur  :yesnod:

Ok, that makes sense then. The vinyl top cars I have looked at and have tag pics of only have it once and no vinyl's have it twice. Thanks!  :cheers:

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on November 19, 2010, 11:15:51 PM
The rivet is wrong... :popcrn:

Yep it is, should be a screw. 69 383 4spd though.  :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.