News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Things aren't allways what they seem ; health (cardiac) related

Started by firefighter3931, June 19, 2014, 10:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ws23rt

Glad to hear this event turned out well. We need to listen to the tells that we may think are small.

A close friend of mine since high school days came to me to share a problem he had. He said he was starting to jog and the first day he made one block he had a pain in his chest.  He told me it was angina or something and I accepted his assesment.

That he came to me to share this is a signal.  I did not pick up the signal. My response was are you sure about that pain? Yes --it passed and I'm fine.

We were like many that think when a clue to an emergency comes up we will know it.

I got a call a few months later that he passed from a heart attack. He was working alone as he did and called 911 but was not able to get the address out from his call.

I know that I heard his call when he came to me with his first event.  (He did not want to worry his wife). And I did not push.

We learn lessons in life and sometimes they come too late.

I know what to do now but Bob is gone.   I will not make that mistake again.

PrisonHack

This is something that worries me. I do a lot of running and try to eat fairly healthy, but my Father died when I was little from a massive heart attack, my mother passed away fro COPD and had high blood pressure ect. I feel like no matter how much I try to take care of myself that I'm a ticking time bomb.

Paul G

Quote from: PrisonHack on June 27, 2014, 07:34:42 AM
This is something that worries me. I do a lot of running and try to eat fairly healthy, but my Father died when I was little from a massive heart attack, my mother passed away fro COPD and had high blood pressure ect. I feel like no matter how much I try to take care of myself that I'm a ticking time bomb.

Medicine is advancing every day. There are methods and treatments today that were not available to your parents. If I were you I would continue to take care of myself and stay in touch with a good doctor. My Grandmother died of a bleeding stomach ulcer. That never happens to people today. Medicine has improved.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

PrisonHack

Oh yeah I get my blood work done every six months and excercise, the eating right thing is the hardest battle for me. A couple of years ago I was 215 pounds with over 300 Cholesterol!  I am now 165 with normal cholesterol levels, but I still like a bacon cheeseburger and a beer.  :brickwall: