News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Taillight lenses

Started by comet_666, June 26, 2014, 07:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

Mine are missing quite a few tabs where the chrome around them would mount. Do I need them to keep that trim on?

Ghoste

Only if you prefer the appearance of it.  ;)

comet_666

lol
I can glue them on correct?

Dreamcar

Yes and no.

You can use silicone sealer on the tabs that do remain, which should keep the chrome from falling off. But I found that my chrome pieces didn't want to stay exactly where they should (but are very close) without the tabs, and a very strong glue would make getting them off (if ever it was needed) difficult without destroying the chrome piece, the plastic tail lense, or both.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Clear silicone has had mine on for 10+ years with no issues :Twocents:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

bill440rt

Once the tail lights are installed in the car with the chrome trim you really can't see the tabs at that point anyway.
You could use some plastic repair material to repair the tabs as well if you are really concerned about them.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce