News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone Familiar With "Modern Mopar Magazine" ?

Started by Old Moparz, June 23, 2014, 02:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

I've never heard of it until 20 minutes ago when I got a PM on another website from a person named Jenn who wants to feature my garage somewhere......

"I am the creative director of Mopar Magazine, a magazine published by Mopar Headquarters in Detroit Michigan. We are featuring Mopar Garage enthusiasits in our next issue, and were looking for people with some sweet Mopar Garage setups. While cruising the web, I ran across your photos. Feel free to call me at our Agency, JR Thompson, xxx-xxx-xxxx, you can speak with me in person about our story - jenn"

I don't mind posting photos of things or helping others with construction builds or ideas, but this caught me off guard. I may call later after looking online to see what it is, but it's not a big deal to me so I won't lose sleep if I ignore it.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard of them or is familiar with it?  :shruggy:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Ponch ®

I've heard of them and they're legit but as far as I know their focus (as you can deduce based on their name) is on the newer cars. A few people/friends I know from the LX / new Challenger scene have been featured on it, in fact.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

bill440rt

Bob, this Mopar Magazine they are referencing is put out by Mopar themselves. That, & another magazine called Mopar Nation. You can find them at some dealers (if you're lucky), usually in the parts or service waiting area departments. Sometimes you'll get a subscription when buying a vehicle, or can purchase subscriptions from Mopar. Yes, their primary focus is newer cars, but what is cool is that they will often feature articles on enthusiasts & older cars as well.

They had a small writeup on my car when it was chosen for Top Eliminator in Mopar magazine. There was supposed to be a full article in Mopar Nation magazine, but for some reason I guess it never went to print & I was unable to find it. Many dealers around here don't even carry the magazines unfortunately.
Jenn was the one that did the photo shoot in Detroit of Miles ('64 Savoy) & I with our cars.
Nice lady. Worth a shot contacting her if you're interested.  :cheers: 
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Old Moparz

Thanks, I guess since you guys are aware of the mag, it's legit. I was getting a Mopar mag after I bought my truck but don't recall the name, Might have been the same one for all I know.   :shruggy:

I sent Jenn a message back saying I'd think about it & left it at that. I actually forgot about until I just logged in here.  :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Ponch ®

haha...just looked through their back issues. half of their covers have people/cars that I know on them.  :2thumbs:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

bill440rt

Quote from: Ponch ® on June 24, 2014, 12:59:12 PM
haha...just looked through their back issues. half of their covers have people/cars that I know on them.  :2thumbs:

Ponch, by chance would any of those magazines you have there have a write-up on a purple '70 Charger, kind of resembling the one in my sig?  ;)  :icon_smile_big:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce