News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

headliner and sail panel cardboard

Started by resq302, March 16, 2006, 08:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Can someone tell me if a headliner on a 68-70 charger is supposed to have the material for the sail panel area attached to the large headliner piece or is it supposed to the sail panel cardboard covered in separate pieces of headliner material?

I have seen it both ways and would like to know which way is correct.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

ck1

I don't get what your asking but the peace of cardboard is riveted to the inside sail panel just underneath the headliner........that the way mine came apart..................dose that answer your question?  I have a picture at home I will post as soon as I can.................
CJK

resq302

My car's cardboard sail panel piece has a spring type clip that holds it in place.  The cardboard sail panel piece has headliner material over it which is a separate piece than the large main section of the headliner.  I have seen other headliners done the same way but I have also seen headliners which are one piece with the headliner extending into the sail panel area and not as a separate piece that is attached to the cardboard.

Hope that is explained better.

Brian
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

resq302

Brian

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

jaak

Quote from: resq302 on March 16, 2006, 04:32:03 PM
My car's cardboard sail panel piece has a spring type clip that holds it in place. The cardboard sail panel piece has headliner material over it which is a separate piece than the large main section of the headliner. I have seen other headliners done the same way but I have also seen headliners which are one piece with the headliner extending into the sail panel area and not as a separate piece that is attached to the cardboard.

Hope that is explained better.

Brian

Thats exactly what I am trying to figure out,, I have asked the same question a couple of times with no answer.  The headliner that came with my car was one piece. The headliner I bought from Jeff at A1 canvas has a roof part, then 2 triangular pieces, presumably to cover 'shaped' boards for the sail panel. So I bought some sail panel boards from Dante's, and they are shaped nothing like the sail panels, I think the just go behind the 1 piece headliner, I am starting to think that what Jeff sent me was a RR, Coronet headliner , but box does say charger. I wrote A1 canvas a letter just wanting to know if I had the wrong one..... But they never replied.
I hope we can figure this out.
Jason

HDCharger

Mine was all one piece.  Cardboard was attached as stated with the spring clip.  Headliner was all one piece that extended down over the top of it.
MSG, US Army, Retired
1973 Charger SE
1976 Stepside Powerwagon
2007 Ram 1500 Laramie
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
1967 Dodge Truck

jaak

resq302, can you please post a pic of your headliner.

Hey Dave, HDCharger, hows it going?

ck1

u guys lost me but here is were mine was after i removed the head liner............anywho it was rivet to the metal of the inner sailpanel or what ever its called........picture
CJK

resq302

Quote from: jaak on March 16, 2006, 10:03:51 PM
resq302, can you please post a pic of your headliner.

Hey Dave, HDCharger, hows it going?

Jaak,

I will try and get a picture for you tomorrow if I have a chance.  If not, then Monday should be a good day to do it as I am back on night shift at the PD.
Brian

resq302

Here is the pass side.
Brian

resq302

Driver Side.

Brian

jaak

thats exactly what I needed to see, thats how my new headliner looks, although the one I took out was a one-piece.
thanx resq302

Jason