News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Our cars are rare, I just didn't realize how rare

Started by Firetodd, May 12, 2014, 10:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITSA426

I don't like to get into that argument.  Too many experts!  I'm guessing the grille emblems were painted from the back side and a metallic underlayment was placed behind the red paint to give a metallic red look.  I'm just guessing, but think the underlayment was gold colored.  As the red faded the gold colored metallic underlayment showed through.  At one time I had one, I removed from a parts car, that had some red still left on it but was mostly gold.  My kid brother restores them and uses a silver colored metallic finish behind the red paint, and a better quality paint.  I worked in a shop that did some of this type of work for the auto industry back in the day.  You have to know what the technology was, and the quality of paints available at the time.  We didn't make these parts so I'm just guessing.  I'm not an expert though. Authentic NOS ones will fade just like the originals.  Just my opinion, not trying to pick an argument.

Firetodd

Interesting to read all this info.  To be be clear, I wasnt saying that my car was the only headrest 67 Charger. I was merely saying that it was the only red one with white interior with a 383 4bbl with the headrest option in the registry anywhere in the world. If it came across otherwise, I am sorry.

It is very cool that our cars are so unique in the car world. And that feels good. That is all.

Ghoste

It is very cool.  When I still had the 67, the only time I saw another one was at a bigger Mopar show or one annual cruise in my hometown each May.  There were two more fastbacks local to me but the only time I ever saw them was the May event.  The rest of the time I had the attention to myself.

ODZKing

There are about a half dozen or so around me, close enough the be at a show at any time.  However as mentioned previously, the planets have to be alligned etc. to see more than one out other than mine.
There is one fellow who only has cars so his large garage doesn't look empty. Otherwise they never leave the stable. He has one. Gawd knows what else, I don't think many people have ever seen them.  What a waste.   :slap:

myk

I'm making plans to attend the "Mopar Night" scheduled for one of the larger cruise/shows in San Diego; let's see if any other Mopars or even Chargers make it there asides from just me, for a change.  I'll bet anything that the turn-out will be pathetic and it will remain a Mustang/Camaro/'32 Ford/427 Cobra-replica show as usual...

Ghoste

Then you need to get a San Diego Mopar club active.

moparnation74

I run into the same issues here with the local mopar guys.  As everyone previously stated, "When the planets are aligned the Mopars come out."  I was homered to be born into a diehard Mopar family.  My dad drag raced these cars in the 60's-70's from max wedges to challengers.  At that time these cars were also his daily drivers.  He said Mopars were bred to be driven and driven hard.  My ride is restored to perfection and I drive it whenever I get a chance and I restored 90% of it.  We only live once and enjoy your time, do no wait for tomorrow.  My dad would say, "You know what separates us from the other manufacturers?"  We bleed Mopar and piss Chevrolet!

Dino

Move closer to Detroit, I trip over the damn things.   :nana:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

wingcar

I remember driving my first 66 all over Southern California...nice car with Keystones....then I put a T/A style hood scoop on the car and rear spoiler.  From that point on "everyone" thought my Mopar HAD to be Hemi powered.  It was sort of fun playing mind games back then with owners of the other makes since most of them had little knowledge of Mopars and any hot Mopar had to be Hemi powered in their eyes.   (Mine by the way had a very strong 383)
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

MagnumForce

I actually enjoy being one of the only mopars around because it shows all the future hod rodders than not every muscle car is a mustang or has a bowtie and a 350  :2thumbs:
If You Ain't First, You're Last!!

Patronus

Arrrg. I missed the cruise too..outta town.
We Mopars park behind the auto parts store North of Sonic.
See ya next month though, come by and say hello.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE