News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Adjustable push rod for manual brakes?

Started by b5blue, May 24, 2014, 09:48:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

I see P5249316AB as a set that may help fine tune my peddle height after swapping to manual brakes but wonder if it fits regular factory master cylinders for a 68-71 style? Anyone used this adjustable push rod with the steel master instead of aluminum? (I have a 70 Charger.)  :scratchchin:
  https://www.monicattichrysler.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=1450
  I'm thinking they should be all the same. The peddle sits higher after removing the power brake booster/plate/Z bar linkage and I'd like it to be lower.

A383Wing

It's supposed to sit higher, to aid in pushing pedal with your leg strength...if pedal was lower with manual brakes, it's gonna be hard to push with your straighter leg....if you want it lower, that adjustable rod system should work...

b5blue

My legs are mighty from hauling my big butt around!  :2thumbs: I even have no gas peddle, I just stomp on the bar that had that black wheel on it.  :lol: