News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

difference in heads

Started by jdscofield, April 25, 2014, 05:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdscofield

Can anyone tell me the difference between 4006452 heads and 2843906 heads?  I always hear people talking about the 906 heads, but when i look at the specs, they seem to be the same.  trying to decide if i should shave my heads, pick up a set of 906 heads and have them shaved, or purchase a set of the stealth heads.  need to build a bit more compression as i'm a 8.75:1 compression.  want to achieve at least 9.5:1.  the edelbrock ones won't work with my headers
MOPAR or no car

heyoldguy

Debated long and hard about answering this. Having ported many 906 and 452 heads, we could get into an in depth discussion of their differences. But there is no need if the Stealth heads are an option you would use. Go directly to the Stealths and have them service prepped by a good head mechanic. Unless you spend a wad of money on the iron heads you won't have what you can easily get with the Stealths.

Read this thread for an understanding what I mean about a good head mechanic and what the Stealths can do.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,106687.0.html