News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New disk brakes

Started by twodko, April 05, 2014, 06:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

When we finished restoring our 69 we bought mag 500's for it. 7x15 & 8x15 respectively.
Factory power drums brakes car that will get a new MPBrake power disk brake
conversion done this week. The kit is specially to convert OEM power front drums
to power disk brakes, nothing fancy just a basic kit.
Should I be concerned my wheels won't fit?
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Lord Warlock

I wouldn't be concerned, the mp kit has the correct bolt pattern on the rotors so they should bolt on ok,  never installed my mp kit though so can't be sure, the calipers are smaller looking than the stock disc calipers are, so I doubt they'll have a fitment problem.  You'll find out soon enough when they put the kit on. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

twodko

Thanks. I'm not concerned about the bolt pattern, MPB doesn't sell kits that aren't compatible.
I do suspect I'll have to buy a set of lug nuts for one side or the other unless MPB
is on top of the reverse thread MOPAR thingy. I'm probably worrying about nothing.

Lord Warlock

Pretty sure the new rotors will have RH threads on both of them, I know the rotors i got from year one were both RH threaded.  Never checked the rotors i got from MP years back, they're still in the boxes in the garage, along with the calipers and spindles.  If they weren't so heavy i'd try to sell em off to someone else that may use them.  Don't have the shipping box they came in anymore.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

twodko

Either way, I'll have disk brakes this week! Thanks bro.

twodko

Bummer! MPB sent the correct power disk conversion kit save for the MC and booster. The one they sent
is for an OEM manual drum to power disk kit. Everything else us same same. They're sending
the correct part today along with a "call tag" to send the other one back but it won't get here until first of next week.

Cooter

If they are the 11" disc brakes, they should clear 15" wheels. Idk bout the 11.75 set up.
I know on the 58 Plymouth's, if your running 14" wheels, the 11" kit with Mopar calipers(F body stuff) will not clear the factory drum brake wheels.
we have to have a set of wheels from like a Voltaire, which I refer to as "disc brake wheels".
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

twodko

Hey Cooterman how you doing? Hope it's all good.

I'm in good shape running 15" Mag500 wheels. The MPB kit I bought is the basic
power disk setup. Just a bit annoyed they sent the wrong MC/booster.
The extra weeks' wait for the install will make the first stop sign sweeter.  :2thumbs:

twodko

I pulled the Q5 out of the ready launch revetment this morning and cruised down to the shop for the
long awaited front disk brake conversion. Guy called a bit ago to say the car is done, tight and right. Said the
rest of the front end was in great shape so back goes the PST kit. The new drivers hub came with RH threads
so I asked him to change the rear drum to RH as well tomorrow.
He said it all went on in 6 hours and he liked this MPB kit a lot more than comparable SSBI or Wilwood kits.
Can't wait to drive.....er stop the car.