News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Movie alert

Started by twodko, April 16, 2014, 04:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

Grand Budapest Hotel. Outstanding.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

68X426

Thank you Ebert, I'll put it on our list.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

ITSA426

Outstanding?  Tom were you awake when you sat through it?  I saw it last Friday because it was well rated but I was disappointed.  Maybe I just didn't get it but I sure wouldn't recommend it. 

twodko

I'm of simple mind and easily entertained.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

green69rt

Wes Anderson is the king of oddball movies.   His plots are off-the-wall and his characters are bizarre.  Not for everyone.  Be prepared!!!  My wife keeps dragging me to them and it's always fun and keeps us talking.

myk

Quote from: ITSA426 on April 16, 2014, 06:09:14 PM
Outstanding?  Tom were you awake when you sat through it?  I saw it last Friday because it was well rated but I was disappointed.  Maybe I just didn't get it but I sure wouldn't recommend it.  

Felt the same way about American Hustle; all star cast, got this award, got that award, nominated for this, nominated for that, blah blah blah, but that movie put me to sleep faster than a bottle of Nyquil...

Quote from: twodko on April 16, 2014, 07:40:52 PM
I'm of simple mind and easily entertained.

As it should be.  Movie-goers are so jaded and snobby these days that they'll walk into a movie like Avengers and complain about how mindless it was.  If someone's that into substance and depth they should go read a book or take a part in a play...