News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tuff wheel from Year One

Started by joww3, March 14, 2006, 08:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joww3

Anyone know how well or not the Year One's Tuff steering wheel fit the 71 Charger. Does it need an adapter? and where can I find a horn button for it? I tried to ask the salesman at Year One, but it was like talking to a stone wall.

TruckDriver

I just saw on tv Sunday on "My Classic Car", that they are exact reproductions now. They had a guy from Year One one showing different Mopar parts they sell now. This guy on Ebay sells these too which are the same thing. I plan on getting one this summer.

>>>EBAY TUFF WHEEL LINK<<<
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

joww3

They looks a little different, the one that Year One sell has a longer opening on the spoke and seems flater than the one one Ebay. I wonder which one is more correct, anyone has a picture of the original?

TruckDriver

The old wheel they sold was made by Grant from what I understand, and the spokes were painted silver, and a bit deeper too. The same one you can buy in almost any auto parts store. The new one according to what the Year One guy said are exact reproductions with the plated spokes. Best way to find out is to call them. Here is a pic of mine that I bought off Ebay last year. I was eventually going to send this one to Tuff Wheel Restorations. But now with the reproductions, I am going to hold off and get one of the repros.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Nacho-RT74

IT LOOOKS AMAZING.... shame I'm actually broke out to that.

will get someday BUT FIRST will wait for experiences. If somebody buy, please post experiences and opinions.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

dkn1997

last I heard, the year one tuff wheel is the grant, but drilled and tapped to bolt onto OE tuff wheel adapters.

For 30 bucks, I bought the grant from summit, sanded down the spokes and clear coated them.  I then used my original tuff wheel as a template and drilled the proper holes and tapped the three that hold the horn button on. 

The Grant is just a hair smaller in diameter, and has a foam grip, not leather wrapped.  also, the spokes don't have that "Bend" on the ends like a real one.

There is one on ebay that sells for around 300 that is very close to a real one.  I think it includes the horn button also.
RECHRGED