News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any transformers fans on here???

Started by 69wannabe, March 11, 2014, 08:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk

Quote from: Drache on March 20, 2014, 03:43:05 PM
Quote from: 69wannabe on March 19, 2014, 09:42:19 PM

I agree, I lost interest after the 86 cartoon movie. It was very unexpected that they would kill off 99% of the G1 characters!! How devastating for a cartoon movie to destroy all your favorite characters especially Optimus Prime!!!!

Hasbro was a toy company. They killed off the G1 transformers to make room for the new toy line coming in.

Fun Fact:

The same year they killed off Optimus Prime, Hasbro was supposed to released the GI Joe movie. In this movie they also killed off Duke. The GI Joe movie was supposed to come out before the Transformers movie but ran into problems in had to be released the following year. After Hasbro killed off Optimus Prime, so many children got upset that mothers wrote into Hasbro and gave them sh*t. Hasbro quickly went into action and changed the GI Joe movie slightly so that instead of Duke dying, one of the characters off screen (so they didn't have to reannimate a cell) said "He's in a coma".

So if the GI Joe movie was released before Transformers like it's supposed to, maybe kids would have whined at the death of Duke and Hasbro would have saved Optimus  :nana:

I'm GLAD Optimus Prime died.  I cheered, jumped and pumped my fists in the air with every hit he took from Megatron's weapon in the moments before he fell for the last time.  On that note, Duke should've died too!
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

69wannabe

Quote from: myk on March 20, 2014, 04:58:18 PM

I agree, I lost interest after the 86 cartoon movie. It was very unexpected that they would kill off 99% of the G1 characters!! How devastating for a cartoon movie to destroy all your favorite characters especially Optimus Prime!!!!

Hasbro was a toy company. They killed off the G1 transformers to make room for the new toy line coming in.

Fun Fact:

The same year they killed off Optimus Prime, Hasbro was supposed to released the GI Joe movie. In this movie they also killed off Duke. The GI Joe movie was supposed to come out before the Transformers movie but ran into problems in had to be released the following year. After Hasbro killed off Optimus Prime, so many children got upset that mothers wrote into Hasbro and gave them sh*t. Hasbro quickly went into action and changed the GI Joe movie slightly so that instead of Duke dying, one of the characters off screen (so they didn't have to reannimate a cell) said "He's in a coma".

So if the GI Joe movie was released before Transformers like it's supposed to, maybe kids would have whined at the death of Duke and Hasbro would have saved Optimus  :nana:

I'm GLAD Optimus Prime died.  I cheered, jumped and pumped my fists in the air with every hit he took from Megatron's weapon in the moments before he fell for the last time.  On that note, Duke should've died too!

I like the decepticons characters as much as the autobot characters but Optimus was my favorite!! Megatron was a great character but Prime was the wise leader "almost" everybody loved!! ;D Actually I liked shockwave and soundwave better than I liked megatron, maybe because the megatron toy wasn't what it should've been back in the day. I found me a nice Galvatron in excellent shape at transformerland.com for a reasonable price. Got to send the money order tomorrow for it. :yesnod:

MoparManJim

I'm a fan as well of both the 1980's ones And also the 07 film ones. I have a friend of mine that is more a bigger fan then I am of the 1980's one and knows more on them then I do! But just for the record, when I went to see the 07 film with my buddy on the big screen.. I went only to see how different it was from the '80's cartoon movie. It was not for that woman that played in it. I loved the vehicles though  :2thumbs:. But nothing compared to the 1980's cartoon though. 

69wannabe

Quote from: MoparManJim on March 20, 2014, 08:36:31 PM
I'm a fan as well of both the 1980's ones And also the 07 film ones. I have a friend of mine that is more a bigger fan then I am of the 1980's one and knows more on them then I do! But just for the record, when I went to see the 07 film with my buddy on the big screen.. I went only to see how different it was from the '80's cartoon movie. It was not for that woman that played in it. I loved the vehicles though  :2thumbs:. But nothing compared to the 1980's cartoon though. 

For sure!!!! The cartoon was the bomb!!!! I liked the new movies pretty good to tho, Megan Fox being in the first two was just an added bonus!!!!  :yesnod:

resq302

Quote from: myk on March 20, 2014, 04:58:18 PM

Fun Fact:

Actually, they brought Optimus Prime back from the "dead" in the 3 part episode where the red spores infected all of the Autobots and Decepticons.  I seem to recall it was the Quintason's who reactivated Optimus.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

69wannabe

Yes they did!! I had kinda moved on myself to outdoor activities and I was getting older too but I did remember seeing an episode where they brought him back and he was kinda messed up or however it was and then a few more after that they brought him back to his awesome self!!! :yesnod: They had to bring da man back since the show was suffering at that point I think. Actually this is the first time I have ever seen an actual Optimus Prime hater!! Out of all the transformer fans I have ever talked to or had any discussions with are always how awesome the legen     wait for it                  dary Optimus Prime is,was, and always will be.  :icon_smile_wink: