News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 disc brake proportioning valve, reproduction right stuff brake part

Started by fy469rtse, February 27, 2014, 04:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fy469rtse

Bleed my brakes awhile ago, thought I had finish this part, imagine my surprise when I noticed a puddle under the side master cylinder is,
Seeping out of the metal plug on bottom of proportioning valve , tightened it up , this made it worse , WTF ? Unscrewed it and all it has is a o ring , plug holds a pressure spring, I'm guessing that this for the brake failure warning lamp,
Shouldn't this have at least a brass washer under the head of plug,
My question is , is this right and has anyone else had trouble with leaks to this area, is this like the original unit, I combined this with the step valve and where the rear delay vavle or block goes , I put a wilwood adjustable proportioning valve there so ready to adjust for lock ups and such,
I fix one seep and then another one shows up, this one is the extended block on top where one of the lines is coming from master cylinder,
At this moment feel ripped off by right stuff, I remember when I put this on and was very careful to make sure all lines tight and felt seated, yes double flares
Am I wasting my time and is this pro porting valve from them junk
Where have you guys bought your valves from ?

Dino

Which prop valve are you using?  There's so many I can hardly keep them apart.

I just bought the 73 and up cast iron mopar combo valve but it won't be installed any time soon.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

fy469rtse

It's listed for 69 to 70 factory disc brake car, you also use what they discribe as a combination dual set valves, and also has the step valve to slow rears brakes coming on ,
And this is what I have used, seen it also on other posts also,
Early cars disc had just the one proportion valve , mines a later and has the two with also rear step valve block,
Thanks for replying Dino

Ghoste

Dino

I still don't know which came with the two part valve and which came with the single valve.  Either way, one of them may be stuck, it happens.  There has to be a way to test it but I would contact the seller first and see what they recommend.  You may be able to send it back and get a new one.

fy469rtse

It's listed to fit 69 to 74 mopars , there on the later disc brake cars that year,
Have pulled it off and apart, badly assembled,
Top brass extension of top, one of the main lines comes down from master cylinder to this, it had a brass washer under this , big nick and an overlapping burr to this washer, no hope of sealing
Steel plug that discribbed above that has an o ring, was fractured and had a split,
With the two valve distribution block set up, you plug one line and the second line for front brakes goes to the secondary proportion block , their idea of a plug was a pointed plug that tip would seal against what your brake hose would normally seal against, trouble with this because of tappered tip touched or seated early you couldn't engage enough threads to tighten ,
This is how I received a brand new part thanks very #£€%ing much so beware guys Inline tube CRAP

Dino

I'm sorry to hear this buddy, I can only imagine how mad you are.  Time for a long distance phone call, be calm and courteous but make it clear they will be sending you a new and bench tested set.  If they want their crap back they can add a return shipping label to the package as well.

69white hat

FY469RTSE

Whats the part number and brand on that prop valve? I think I need a new one. My SSBC brakes are slow ( like everyones ) and my back brakes lock up first. I think my prop valve is bad and am looking for a one unit piece with all the right parts to replace the ssbc manual prop valve. I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

fy469rtse

They weren't intrested Dino and actually quite rude, I had bought it a while ago, you no you have a list of everything missing and start buying replacing and building up your stash,
The lesson for me and anyone else reading this is when ever you purchase any thing for your car , carefully inspect and the pack away for the day re assembly comes,
I wouldn't have been able to tell with this part but with other things the damage was obvious.

fy469rtse

69 white hat, have a look at inline tube, look at recent threads on here, some members posted both early and later 69 year set ups ,
Mines a later one , has the proportion valve with the brake light switch, mine has the second proportion block near this which goes to front lines, early ones only have the one block,
All had the step valve back from engine bay on rear line, I didn't use this one , I put in a adjustable wilwood valve , so when I'm testing brakes I can adjust to stop rear wheel lock ups , which are common
Inline has the blocks but do your home work fist, look at the threads, decide which ones you need , inline has good photos next to part numbers and price on their menu,   Good luck  keep your receipts and it wouldn't hurt to pull it apart and check it over carefully , only because its a pain with two inch headers and such later once it's already installed,