News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Exhaust tips on a standard charger

Started by cougs, February 23, 2014, 10:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cougs

Question, were standard Chargers with dual exhaust ever available with exhaust tips?  We put tips on our standard Charger when restoring it.  I now hear that they were on the R/Ts only.  I may just get the downturn pipes when ordering new exhaust.  I like the look of the tips but don't want them if it was only an R/T thing.
1968 Charger 383/727  Restored to Stock!

c00nhunterjoe

Im notsure. Ilove the square mopar tips. I would keep them if thats what you have on it

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

JB400

Unless you're going for a concours quality resto, keep them on if they're already on.  Gives the car a nice dress up.

Just 6T9 CHGR

AFAIK, the tips were standard on all models except those built with California Emissions/Niose Reduction Package...they got the turn down pipes.

Second gen of course
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Nacho-RT74

on 3rd gens:

turn downs was the standard setup... then machine gun tips on cars with rear valance with exhauts cut out option ( 71 R/Ts, Bees and most Rallyes except 318s as far I recall )

dunno earliers
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

cougs

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 24, 2014, 12:41:56 AM
Unless you're going for a concours quality resto, keep them on if they're already on.  Gives the car a nice dress up.

My tips are currently welded on and I'm changing to the TTI system so they are probably a goner.  I love the looks of the tips but also like the looks of 3" turndown stainless pipes.

Ghoste

hemigeno

Quote from: cougs on February 23, 2014, 10:11:05 PM
Question, were standard Chargers with dual exhaust ever available with exhaust tips?  We put tips on our standard Charger when restoring it.  I now hear that they were on the R/Ts only.  I may just get the downturn pipes when ordering new exhaust.  I like the look of the tips but don't want them if it was only an R/T thing.

Chrome tips were not an R/T-only thing... if you had a IIGen Base/XP Charger with either the 383-4 or 426 Hemi, you would get the dual chrome tips as standard equipment --unless it was a N97 California/Noise Reduction car as Chris already mentioned.  Chrome tips would not be called out on the broadcast sheet, etc. Single exhaust cars (/6, 318, 383-2) obviously got a single turndown tailpipe.

cougs