News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Number Matching Motor

Started by cudaken, February 25, 2014, 05:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

OK, number matching HP cars are cool. Personally I don't really care about numbers unless it is on a ET slip.  :D

Reason I bring this up is I just saw a ad where they where talking about a 68 Charger with the number matching 318?  :shruggy: Do you folks really care if you have the number matching Grocery Getting engine?  :eek2:

On a side note, something that bugs me some is why is any Mopar with 2 doors made in the sixty's and seventy's are referred to as Muscle Cars! A 225, 318, 360 2 barrel, 400 2 barrel Mopar is about as much as a true Muscle Car stock as my 5 HP Lawn Mower!

Don't get me wrong, I have respect for all of the above motors if built for High Output. I all so don't care if the car came with a 318 from the factory, if it is packing a HP motor and other need upgrades it is a Muscle Car. (Just make sure you tell the truth if you resell it)

Done with my rant.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Charger4404spd

Challenger340

I never gave a rats ass about the numbers thing either... until one dropped in my lap ?
Now,
I dunno wuddinafawk to do with it ?
Almost scared to drive it... scared of hurting it... but kinda weird after having beat these things in my youth.... literally like a "red headed stepchild", to have one now that escaped me, and many others like me, still with the original Engine intact, and still running well in the Car  ?
Makes a guy kind of "obliged" to look after it ?
Penance for the transgressions of one's youth ?

Yeah I am with ya Ken... 318 Cars were NOT muscle anything back in the day ? but it seems the term "musclecar" nowadays, has morphed into a descriptive for any old 60' 70's era vehicle ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Alaskan_TA

As a historian I always think it is cool to find a car with the all or most of the parts it was born with.

The more original parts it has, the better the story it 'tells' us of how the little details were done back in the day.

My newest purchase is a 1970 Dart Swinger with a 318 & matching numbers.

I think it is cool, but most folks would not care at all. Do I find it worth ranting about?

Nope.

I am not planning to modify it either.

Not everyone cares about the stuff other folks like & life goes on...........  :cheers:

bill440rt

You may not care.
Others might.
Not worth the rant. It's really that simple.  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

twodko

TA,

That's a great buy! Love that year 'o Dart and want more info. Cough it up buddy. Pictures, history, ballpark price and like that.

Report........

:popcrn:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Alaskan_TA

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

twodko

Challenger340

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on February 25, 2014, 11:24:18 PM
There is a thread about the Dart at http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=267762

THAT is a really good find !
70 swinger is my favourite all time Car !
I used to race one of those... 10.20's / 134mph on a foot launch at 4600ft DA, could dip 9's at sea level.
Street drove it... was so much fun trouncing just about anything back in the day.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

bill440rt

Wow, that's a smokin' good deal for that Dart.  :o
The broadcast sheet under the seat looks pristine.
Best of luck with it!  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

twodko

It's going to be a real treat for me. TA wants me to store it my Calicommia garage for him.  :D

Plum Crazy 68

In the eighties me and my mullet wanted to pull the 383 out of my girlfriend's 68 and put a built 440 in it.  Good thing she stopped me.  Now we (I married her) have a numbers matching car and at least I had the sense to keep that engine back then. :Twocents:

twodko