News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Spring Time Blues (with pics)!

Started by 72Rallye440, March 10, 2006, 04:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

72Rallye440

I finally got a break in the weather and decided to pull the Charger out of the garage for a quick picture. This is the first time she's seen daylight since October when we moved to Ohio. Its dirty but I thought everyone might want to see a pic. A lot of you may remember pictures from the "other" site but with mag wheels.

The second picture is of my 71 R/T. She is really ugly but is solid as can be, came from an Oklahoma pasture. Tried to buy it for 8 years and and finally got lucky last summer.

Let me know what you think!!!

72Rallye440

Big Sugar

Nice Rides.
               Dont worry it wont be long now. My Buddy up here in Ontario has the same setup as yours.
But there both 71 R/T's a restored Red R/T that he's presently enjoying as well as a Green 71 R/T thats going in for a full Resto next month.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

twilt

They both look awesome to me.   :2thumbs:  71 R/T and 72 Rallyes are my favorites.  Come to think of it , I`ve never seen a 3rd Gen that i didnt like. (with possible exception to that targa topped turbo one on ebay last year)

72Rallye440

Twilt,
Do you remember seeing my Rallye with the mags last year? Do you like the Rallye's better because I still can't get use to them? Do you still have your 72 Rallye?

Boy I'm just full of questions!

Thanks,
       Dewey

Nupe

Nice cars!  That is a cool pair of cars to own.  Is the R/T gunmetal?  Can't tell with my computer monitor. 

:icon_smile_big:

Jeremy

'79 Lil'Red Express.

twilt

Quote from: 72Rallye440 on March 10, 2006, 08:33:32 PM
Twilt,
Do you remember seeing my Rallye with the mags last year? Do you like the Rallye's better because I still can't get use to them? Do you still have your 72 Rallye?

Boy I'm just full of questions!

Thanks,
       Dewey

I dont specifically  recall the mags but i think it looks GREAT with the Rallyes. Yes, i still do have my Rallye. Unless i find and buy  a 4 speed 440 Rallye,  it wont be going anywhere.   I`ve just about finished gathering  all the parts I will need for it. Getting my new garage built is my first priority right now. Until that gets done, the Rallye will have to wait.

72Rallye440

Nupe,
The R/T is gunmetal but I'm thinking about going black. I've only had her it for a little over a year. I now have all the hard to find R/T parts that were missing off the car when I got it. It was missing the correct R/T hood, rear vallance with cut outs, and a passenger side door. Getting all of those items put a serious strain on my wallet but I guess it will just have to take time.

Thanks,
       Dewey

MassCharger73

??? Tell me what you think ? Whats not to like ?!?! BTW that looks like a pretty uptight neighborhood, I hope you break it in with a proper smoky burnout ! :icon_smile_evil:
1973 Charger

jwilk01

Where abouts in Ohio?  I am in the central Ohio area (Marysville).

Later
Josh

72Rallye440

MassCharger73,
Glad you like her! The blue Ram in the back ground belongs to a cop!! :angel:

Thanks!

72Rallye440

jwilk01,
I'm in Cincinnati, man there are a lot of us Charger people around here!

66ragtop

Hey Ralley I'm right across the river in Ft. Thomas.  I took my convertible out today for a cool little spin with the top down.  Brrrrrrrrr!  Maybe we will hook up sometime?  Do you ever go to the Friday night cruise in in Milford?  It's huge!  Should be starting soon.  Hope to see you sometime, take care! ;D
Need Beer!  66 coronet 440 convertible, 99 ram 2500 cummins, 99 plymouth breeze, Dog (Bree) Ameri-Camp 32 ft. travel trailer (hence cummins)

squeakfinder

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

66ragtop

p.s. NICE CARS and keep the Rallye's on :icon_smile_approve:
Need Beer!  66 coronet 440 convertible, 99 ram 2500 cummins, 99 plymouth breeze, Dog (Bree) Ameri-Camp 32 ft. travel trailer (hence cummins)

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Troy

Quote from: 66ragtop on March 14, 2006, 04:47:50 PM
Hey Ralley I'm right across the river in Ft. Thomas.  I took my convertible out today for a cool little spin with the top down.  Brrrrrrrrr!  Maybe we will hook up sometime?  Do you ever go to the Friday night cruise in in Milford?  It's huge!  Should be starting soon.  Hope to see you sometime, take care! ;D
I'm there almost every week! I can't wait for it to start up.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

66ragtop

72Rallye440

66ragtop,
We will have to meet up sometime. I just moved back to Ohio from Oklahoma and I've never been to the Milford car show but I heard it was a cool place to be!

66ragtop

That would be great!  You can PM me or just look for the car at Milford.  Another good cruise in is on Sunday evenings in Florence Ky. at the Fillmore.   Old 50's style restaurant ice cream stand.  Every Sunday eve. starting soon :yesnod:

hemi68charger

Man, those are some nice rides... nice collection of 3rd gen's...... Looks forward in seeing the '71 look like your cool '72 Rallye......

:2thumbs:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Goldfinger71

Rallye,
It's good to see your rallye awake after a long nap! ;)Looks like your R/T is a great project!I can relate as well,when I bought my R/T it had the wrong doors on it@!It took me FOREVER to find a pair that was REASONABLY priced.Im going to go against the grain,I like the mags better.I don't see alot of 71 R/T's or 72 rallye's with mags,I think mags looks great on them!
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!