News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Deathproof Charger

Started by Ghoste, January 19, 2014, 08:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

For as much as we rehash the DOH and F&F Chargers, we really discuss this one very little.  Does anyone know how many they used or where they came from or where they went after filming?  Any details about them?  It was a "them" and not an "it" I assume?

Baldwinvette77

theres a couple threads here, i think it was 7, 1 member has the main stunt car, all the cars are in Sweden, 1 got turned into a 68 GL  :scratchchin:

Ghoste

Oh?  I missed all of that.  Never mind mind then I'll look it up, I honestly thought it hadn't been discussed. :-\

1974dodgecharger

elanmars

Maybe someone could link those threads here.

I think it's a bad-ass car. Didn't one or two of them get re-used for Drive Angry? same flat black/vector rims.

Death Proof is the movie that made me stop being a dreamer, and made me just go ahead and get a Charger...always had a love for a 2nd gen since being a little kid having seen Dukes of Hazzard, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, Bullitt....
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

lukedukem

Quote from: elanmars on January 20, 2014, 03:00:18 AM
Maybe someone could link those threads here.

I think it's a bad-ass car. Didn't one or two of them get re-used for Drive Angry? same flat black/vector rims.

Death Proof is the movie that made me stop being a dreamer, and made me just go ahead and get a Charger...always had a love for a 2nd gen since being a little kid having seen Dukes of Hazzard, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, Bullitt....

Me too. That's also why mine looks like the death proof car. Mean looking.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

lukedukem

Elanmars,
I just looked at your photos in your link. What happened to your charger. Ouch

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

elanmars

Quote from: lukedukem on January 20, 2014, 09:36:30 AM
Elanmars,

Luke

Got hit full speed by a Chevy Dually truck. I'll have to find the thread I made with more pics and info!
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: elanmars on February 26, 2014, 12:16:44 AM
Quote from: lukedukem on January 20, 2014, 09:36:30 AM
Elanmars,

Luke

Got hit full speed by a Chevy Dually truck. I'll have to find the thread I made with more pics and info!

Ouchy..... :'(

jwramc

Saw those pics previously...amazing you're here to talk about it. Lucky man.

Meanwhile, my customized Johnny Lightning 1:18 General Lees (retired)...

(The second pic is a better look at the unpainted, custom-made rollcage)
John

jwramc

P.S. Stuntman Mike *did* have two cars in the film. Check out the insane cage I had to build for his Nova!  :brickwall:

Also note the display stand I'm building for it... :smilielol:
John

Baldwinvette77

Dayum.....  :o i was going to build a scale model, but then one thing led to another, and now im building a full size version  :rofl:

But those are freaking awesome  :2thumbs: would like to see the nova stand when its done  :yesnod:

lukedukem

Those models are sweet. Are you planning to sell any of them. Would like to get a model to match my car. I did get the one from TSC but it's not as good as yours

Luke.
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

jwramc

Quote from: lukedukem on February 26, 2014, 07:33:12 PM
Those models are sweet. Are you planning to sell any of them. Would like to get a model to match my car. I did get the one from TSC but it's not as good as yours

Luke.

I made a total of five. First, my own car, then a batch of four more that I simplified down a bit and sold via eBay. Got between $90 and $150 each for them. Just about quadrupled my investment in them, which worked out nicely.

I don't think I want to get into uilding anymore of those cages, as they were grueling to do. But point me to pics of your car and I'll see what is possible.
John

lukedukem

Quote from: jwramc on February 26, 2014, 07:38:47 PM
Quote from: lukedukem on February 26, 2014, 07:33:12 PM

Luke.

I made a total of five. First, my own car, then a batch of four more that I simplified down a bit and sold via eBay. Got between $90 and $150 each for them. Just about quadrupled my investment in them, which worked out nicely.

I don't think I want to get into uilding anymore of those cages, as they were grueling to do. But point me to pics of your car and I'll see what is possible.

My car is the pic in my avatar. It's a death proof clone. But with out the cage.

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

jwramc

Quote from: lukedukem on February 26, 2014, 07:41:04 PM

My car is the pic in my avatar. It's a death proof clone. But with out the cage.

Luke

The avatar is quite tiny. Got any good shots online?
John

Budnicks

"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: jwramc on February 26, 2014, 08:56:14 AM
Saw those pics previously...amazing you're here to talk about it. Lucky man.

Meanwhile, my customized Johnny Lightning 1:18 General Lees (retired)...

(The second pic is a better look at the unpainted, custom-made rollcage)
Great work on the scale models...  :2thumbs:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

lukedukem

Quote from: jwramc on February 26, 2014, 07:42:38 PM
Quote from: lukedukem on February 26, 2014, 07:41:04 PM

Luke

The avatar is quite tiny. Got any good shots online?

Lol. Sorry, I have some on my computer but I'm on my iPad. I'll try to post them tomorrow when I get to it.

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC