News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 door rockers compared to 2 door rockers

Started by mopar4don, January 29, 2014, 08:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar4don

What I have here are 4 door rockers from a 69 Coronet that I was hoping to use on my 69 Charger restoration.
I have them next to each other for comparison.
The first thing you notice is the 4 door rocker seems to be a bit longer, like it has an extra tail?
Should this be there? I'm thinking not.

mopar4don

Another view of the extra tail.

mopar4don

My main concern is the area of the charger rocker (where I am pointing) behind the door jam, under the rear window.
You can kinda see where the rocker changes levels, it bevels down. On the 4 door rocker it does not do this. It runs continuously from front to back.
This area would be under the quarter panel and I was wondering if it is clearance for the quarter panel?
I'm not sure these 4 door rockers will even work?

mopar4don

Another view of the necked down area

Nacho-RT74

the 1st recesed area is where the quarter panel welds in to be the flushed with the rest of the rocker. Should pass the quarter panel profile. The rest of the relieved area is the drains area
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

mopar4don

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on January 29, 2014, 10:43:04 PM
the 1st recesed area is where the quarter panel welds in to be the flushed with the rest of the rocker. Should pass the quarter panel profile. The rest of the relieved area is the drains area
So do you think these 4 door rockers will work?

Dino

If the shape is the same you'll be able to use it for patches at least.  Did you find the car in a swamp?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

mopar4don

Quote from: Dino on January 31, 2014, 08:35:37 AM
If the shape is the same you'll be able to use it for patches at least.  Did you find the car in a swamp?
Not in a swamp,

spoolinhard

I would definately use the 4 door rockers. It will take  a little work. you will need to cut and recess the area of the rocker that goes behind the quarter as well as fill in the area where the 4 door latch post was (which Im sure you already know). I guess you can choose between modification or a little over $500 for new rockers.