News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Unknown manifold find- Can you identify?

Started by shawnmd, March 08, 2006, 05:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnmd

I was visiting a local used parts  place today and the owner showed me a cast iron manifold that he says was used on a 383.  The manifold is a dual 4 barrel cast iron unit. Yes, dual..........I've seen the 6 pack manifold, but this was not one of those.  Would this be an aftermarket item, or was it an original manifold.  I didn't think it was, and I didn't see the Chrysler pentastar logo on it anywhere.  It wasn't a high manifold, about the same height as the oe cast iron manifold on the 383 hp's.  Anybody have any ideas?????  Sorry no pics....

greenpigs

Quote from: shawnmd on March 08, 2006, 05:35:08 PM
I was visiting a local used parts  place today and the owner showed me a cast iron manifold that he says was used on a 383.  The manifold is a dual 4 barrel cast iron unit. Yes, dual..........I've seen the 6 pack manifold, but this was not one of those.  Would this be an aftermarket item, or was it an original manifold.  I didn't think it was, and I didn't see the Chrysler pentastar logo on it anywhere.  It wasn't a high manifold, about the same height as the oe cast iron manifold on the 383 hp's.  Anybody have any ideas?????  Sorry no pics....

Back in 65 or so they had a 2 4bbl on furys I think with a 383..
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

WINGMAN

Starting in 1958 on 361s and later on 383s you could get duel quads. The manafolds are the same for both engines, the 383 was rated at 345 hp i think. I had a compleat setup years back, never ran it. The air cleaners are foot ball shaped and are vary hard to find. I sold it for $800.00 ten years ago. The manafolds are not to hard to find and are worth what ever you want to pay, but can be found for 100.00 or less. :icon_smile_cool:
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

shawnmd

Great guys...... thanks for clearing that up.  Can those manifolds make more horsepower on a 68 383 hp than the original single 4 barrel cast iron unit?

Yes, Just _69 it is exactly the same as the first one you listed, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPAR-383-INLINE-2-4-INTAKE-MANIFOLD-2X4-DUAL-QUAD_W0QQitemZ4619583438QQcategoryZ34202QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem.

Thanks

greenpigs

It should, if your motor is stock or close I would use 500 CFM carbs.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Nacho-RT74

I think some 413 engines and 426 wedges use dual 4bbls manifolds too... beside the cross rams ones
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

rt green

i ran one on a 383. had a 4 speed, 323 gears all in a 71 challenger. the thing hauled ass!  i used progressive linkage on 2 650 afb carter carbs.   wish i wouldnt have sold it for a torker and a 750 holley, the 2 fours were much faster.   bruce    the intake was from a 62 desoto
third string oil changer