News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

big block spark plugs ?

Started by Highbanked Hauler, January 21, 2014, 10:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

What are you running for plugs in your big block?
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

PlainfieldCharger

It appears this plug is highly recommended for stock builds and iron heads. What about a mild cam and eddy aluminum heads?  :scratchchin:

BIGBLCK11

Edelbrock recommended Champion RC12YC for the E-Street alum. heads, so I went with those. 

firefighter3931

Quote from: PlainfieldCharger on January 21, 2014, 04:32:01 PM
What about a mild cam and eddy aluminum heads?  :scratchchin:

For that one i allways recommend the NGK  BCPR-6ES

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: BIGBLCK11 on January 21, 2014, 07:29:59 PM
Edelbrock recommended Champion RC12YC for the E-Street alum. heads, so I went with those.  

Mine is a 440 with steel heads and unknown compression and old Champion J13Y at the moment and I am sure I will have to update the plugs.

Thanks  Ron for posting the links :2thumbs:
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

firefighter3931

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on January 21, 2014, 09:03:56 PM

Mine is a 440 with steel heads and unknown compression and old Champion J13Y at the moment and I am sure I will have to update the plugs.

Actually....Troy posted the link.  ;) I'm sure i responded in some of them though  :scratchchin: (haven't read  through them)

The XR5 is a great plug for iron heads and pump gas compression (9-10:1) but if I remember correctly you're working on a high compression 440 correct ?

That being the case you would want a colder plug (Heat Range) and the "correct plug" depends largely on your static compression.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

rt green

it would be cool to have a chart made
third string oil changer

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 21, 2014, 09:17:54 PM
Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on January 21, 2014, 09:03:56 PM

Actually....Troy posted the link.  ;) I'm sure i responded in some of them though  :scratchchin: (haven't read  through them)

The XR5 is a great plug for iron heads and pump gas compression (9-10:1) but if I remember correctly you're working on a high compression 440 correct ?

That being the case you would want a colder plug (Heat Range) and the "correct plug" depends largely on your static compression.  :yesnod:

Ron

MEMORY LOSS SUCKS ,trust me on that..  I am going to try to get a view of the piston through the plug hole to maybe get an idea of what I have Thanx.
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Al

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 21, 2014, 09:00:58 PM
Quote from: PlainfieldCharger on January 21, 2014, 04:32:01 PM
What about a mild cam and eddy aluminum heads?  :scratchchin:

For that one i allways recommend the NGK  BCPR-6ES

Ron

Been doing that for 3 years as per Ron's recommendation  :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger, 383, UU1