News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone smart on hot tubs/spas?

Started by AKcharger, January 21, 2014, 10:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

Hi guys

Our new house has a cool hot tub/fort thing but it's missing the pump/heater. I was quoted $1700 to replace/fix it which seems outrageous so looks like yet another project I'll have to learn/fix myself

- do you have to match the pump to the  tub or will any pump do?
- is any part of working on pump/plumbing super hard or is it a good self help project (wiring complete)
- any good forums/sources of info?

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Mytur Binsdirti

That place needs the Hefner grotto treatment.

draftingmonkey

You might check out these guys for parts (no affiliation)  http://www.spaguts.com/index.aspx
Also hop over to Youtube. They seem to have various videos which might be of help to you. Good luck on your endeavor.

4cruzin

What kind of hot tub is it?  Does the pool heater also heat the spa or is it electric? 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

AKcharger

Whoa! Looks like I hit pay dirt thanks
- tiler, I didn't think of eBay, that's the EXACT set-up I need, I'm calling them tomorrow
- while the grotto is super cool, I'll have to settle for the gazebo and privacy fence  :yesnod:
- monkey and cruzin I'll check over both tomorrow. I just flew in from Anchorage and I'm beat!

Good info guys thanks!

Tilar

I just noticed they have a "Make Offer" button so you can probably save a few bucks on it. You're going to invite us all over for a run through the hot tub right?  :lol:  Oh well, you're just a bit too far away.

Quote from: AKcharger on January 21, 2014, 08:24:28 PM
I just flew in from Anchorage and I'm beat!

Good info guys thanks!

Arms tired I bet.  :yesnod:   ;)
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

AKcharger

Thanks Tilar yeah I saw that I'm waiting to hear from the guy to make sure it's the right one for mine (Leisure Bay) the ad says it fits 94% of spas out there???with my luck I'm that 6%

Sure once I'm all move in well have a big party.  :METAL:

mrsskip68

We used to own a spa installation company in cali. So any questions, especially the electrical part, send to chuck! (skip68)  :yesnod:  :Twocents:

AKcharger

Quote from: mrsskip68 on January 22, 2014, 09:53:16 PM
We used to own a spa installation company in cali. So any questions, especially the electrical part, send to chuck! (skip68)  :yesnod:  :Twocents:

Why do I have the feeling he's going to regret you made that offer  :D

Thanks ma;am...I do have a few!