News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

column shift adj.

Started by el dub, January 10, 2014, 07:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el dub

Well I had my steering column out and put back. Shifter doesn't want to stay in park, kind of falls towards reverse. So I'm wondering, in the pic with the yellow mark. Is it this nut that I loosen up to adjust. thaknks. lw
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

fy469rtse

Yes one adjustment, ? Not going in to park properly, if this adjustments out after having column out, kick down might need to be adjusted also,

John_Kunkel

Before you adjust the linkage be sure all of the plastic grommets are in place, they're known to wear out/fall out and cause slop in the linkage.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

el dub

John Kunkel is there one of those grommets in the steering column lever where it connects to the front rod. Seems like that is where the slop is. Do you know where to get one of those grommets? Or do I have to fab one? thanks. lw

John_Kunkel

There is a grommet at the steering column shift lever, the part number is:

1553304 with P/S

1553305 without P/S

Len Dawson has the 305

http://www.dpmotorparts.com/inventory_4_b.cfm

el dub

And me with power steering. lw

el dub

So just to be more specific. Your saying I need a bushing where the red mark is? Do I also need same bushing at the bottom of the front rod also? If I do does anyone know where to get these bushings? thanks. lw

John_Kunkel

That's the one I gave you the part numbers for.

el dub

The reason I posted that was I thought the grommet may have been in the column. I searched that part number but didn't find anything. Maybe I'm not using the correct terminology. So maybe someone else knows where to get this part as I'm having no luck. thanks. lw

John_Kunkel

Measure the ID of the hole in the shift lever and the OD of the rod, a common hardware store grommet might fit.

Moparparts

There were two types of those bushings used. One was rubber and had a small copper sleeve in it and the other one is Nylon. I have both types available in good used condition PM or e-mail me

Quote from: el dub on January 16, 2014, 04:21:08 PM
The reason I posted that was I thought the grommet may have been in the column. I searched that part number but didn't find anything. Maybe I'm not using the correct terminology. So maybe someone else knows where to get this part as I'm having no luck. thanks. lw

el dub

Moparparts, I sent you a pm. thanks. lw