News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

do you guys even listen to the radio in the car?

Started by 1974dodgecharger, January 01, 2014, 01:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJMG

Nope, not even in my SRT8.
Everywhere I go people think I got lucky last night from my smile.
I respond with; "nope, I just drove here!" :D

Ghoste

GordonGriggs

If Im driving one of my Charger's there are cd 2 option's. I don't like the radio with all its needless talk and commericals.

1. Black Sabbath "Master of Reality"
  2. Boston "Boston" first album.

1974dodgecharger

well I got the system all hooked up, works, did some settings, and off I went!!!

Well it was not as I expected  :rotz:

1. Our cars our loud  :icon_smile_big: Im running hookers, magna 40, 3 inch piping all the way back, 509 cam, so she is loud!!!
2. I cant hear NOTHING even when I turned my volume near max yes now I realixe how loud our cars vs the stereo its fighting with each other.

so after this little experiemnt of spending 330 bucks for a component speakers, amp, and a 12inch sub I realixed a radio does not fit out loud cars.  I took her on the highway and my car is still louder than my radio.  I can hear the music, but its like a mish mash of music and the car going at each other....it did keep me awake better with some music in the background on the highway.

Overall I would still take the music even with my loud car roaring down the road it adds something else to the benefit of car drone on the highway........

polywideblock

think what your radio turned almost all the way up sounded like combined with your exhaust to the people on the street  :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: polywideblock on January 12, 2014, 09:45:54 PM
think what your radio turned almost all the way up sounded like combined with your exhaust to the people on the street  :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:

you know its funny before the radio I did not think my car was that loud at all I swear when I press on that gas she does not seem loud to me.  My X told me while driving on the highway she did not think it was loud at all when I mashed it in 4th gear I was dumb founded I told I swear my car is loud, but with music now to me the car is louder than I expected so I dont know.

Then again the modern cars are better sealed from the environments and she had her windows rolled up and everything cars these days are so better sealed from sound in the cabin.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: ODZKing on January 01, 2014, 01:47:53 PM
 It works just fine but it is cumbersome to use and set up and just when you think you have it right, it's not and I fiddle with it some more.  The problem with having TOO many adjustments I guess.  I'm always fiddling with the TV too.  BAck in the day it was color and tint now it takes an hour just to get to the setup menu.
Anyway, I will use it for a bit in the spring but if I feel the same way, some one will get a great deal on it and I'll put my original AM/FM stereo back in that it came with.   :-\

I see the ricers' tricking out their trunks with TV's, haven't seen one in an old car yet.   ;)

hemihead

I don't know how anyone else feels but I really don't care to hear what anybody is listening to in their car at a traffic light . Are people in that much of
a dire need for attention or to prove how cool they think they are ?
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: hemihead on January 13, 2014, 05:41:27 AM
I don't know how anyone else feels but I really don't care to hear what anybody is listening to in their car at a traffic light . Are people in that much of
a dire need for attention or to prove how cool they think they are ?

our cars our loud so that everyone hears..im sure yours is just louder than mine with my puny 383...I dont think your in dire need of attention  :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

Other than the ones who specifically purchase an exhaust system to be loud, most of our cars are loud by virtue of the performance modifications.
If you add a 500 watt sound system to a tiny compact and turn it up so loud that the windows vibrate or so loud that I can hear it in my house in the winter time, you are causing serious and permanent damage to your ears.  You can't tell me that anyone is doing that because it makes the listening experience better.  Most of it is rap anyway.  Not dissing rap, but it likely is just as much fun to hear a guy rhythmically talk about killing cops, raping ho's and doing drugs at a tolerable volume than it is one where people are forced to hear it inside their house when the windows are closed.  If you can hear my Charger drive by when the windows are closed and you find it a such a level that you think to yourself 'how could anyone even stand to be inside that car?", I'll eat your amplifier.

Dino

You guys need to stick insulation in your cars.   :lol:

I can even hear my old am radio with single dash speaker easily, let alone the aftermarket system.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

jdscofield

I installed one in my current 74 Charger along with dynomat.  I was like a lot of you, just wanting to hear the sound of my exhaust.  However, I believe the last hot rod was a major contributing factor in my hearing loss, lol.  Now that I'm older, I want to be able to hear my tunes.  If I want to hear m exhaust, I just turn off the radio.
MOPAR or no car

Sublime/Sixpack

A car doesn't need to be loud to sound healthy. Mine sound good, plus they're quiet enough for me to enjoy some tunes from the radio when cruising. There is a balance to be found in most things in life.
I know one guy that runs open headers on his muscle Mopar whenever he drives it. I've driven with open exhaust before and after about 5 minutes I'm bored with the noise. :Twocents:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

hotrod05

The stock radio that is in my 68 does not receive radio stations that well. the main reason is because the frequencies put out by todays stations is not recognized by the older radios so I was told, plus I cannot stand listening to commercial's. so what I did was checked out what is called the Big Jawbone Jambox. bought it and I placed it on the rear deck of the charger. It connects via Bluetooth from your Iphone or Ipod. I'll say the sound if unbelievable,no commercials and every song that I want to hear. check it out on you tube. BestBuy has them for $249, amazon $269. hope this helps.

ODZKing

HotRod ... that is not true AT ALL.  I'm not sure who told you that but no way!
AM is still AM and FM is still FM. There is more interfearance on AM these days because of computers but if you are not getting stations, you've got an antenna issue more than likely.

wingcar

The wife asked if I was going to upgrade to an AM/FM stereo in my '67 Charger.  However after she heard the car with its new 3" exhaust from the headers on back...she stopped asking.  It sounds like it should be on the track at Daytona, and it already has a crossover tube.  May have to change out the mufflers (then again....).  Anyway, couldn't hear the radio if I wanted.  However, in my Challenger SRT8 I have satellite radio...so yes I do listen to the radio while in my daily driver.
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

xoman60

I just purchased one of classic industries reproduction radios for my 69 charger. Now I just have to figure out what speakers to put in. Based on what you guys are saying and how loud my 440 is I think I will put some soundproofing down also.

lloyd3

I listen to my AM radio occationally, mostly I listen to 8-tracks. Lynyrd Skynyrd seems appropriate on a nice balmy day, or Petty, or Zepplen. Def
Lepperd sounds really good when you're hammering the gears. Fa-fa-fa-fool'en!  Green Grass and High Tides makes for good tooling along tunes.  For a few scant moments, I'm not such a tired old dog and I'm remembering just how much fun I used to have in cars like this.  A cold can of beer would go well with the music to complete the scene, but Homey don't play that anymore.  My exhaust is bone-stock, so unless I'm really pushing things hard, I can hear it just fine.

don duick

I bet not many chargers are quiet enough to hear a radio.

Ghoste

Mine are, in fact I would say that every muscle car I've ever had I could hear the booming 2 watt factory radio.