News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does anybody keep track of sales prices - should we?

Started by rainbow4jd, January 30, 2017, 04:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainbow4jd

Recently, several birds and a daytona or two went through Mecum.   Some more at BJ

Do we have a thread for reporting sales prices?

My mind is envisioning a spread sheet with something like...

RM23UOA158628  - Corporate Blue - White Buckets - 440-4B - 4Speed  - 38,000 miles - Mecum, Orlando -  2019/06 - Superior Condition - $400,000

Would have everything we need to look at history

Just a thought or inspiration for you computer gurus.

farm966

Good idea, as my boss would say when you brought him an idea, "I think you just volunteered to take the lead on this project..."

rainbow4jd

Unfortunately won't be me.   I don't check the internet enough to know what is going on.       I only get on about once a week.   

farm966

bannedbird

I have a spreadsheet on this. However... it was started in Nutshell and then Lotus 123.  Current version of MS Excel no longer can open it. I think top price was $8,000 for a trashed Hemi Bird. It may need to be updated.  I stopped tracking prices after I bought my first Bird in the late 1980's.  ::)

Isn't there a place on web that (for free) posts range of sell prices?  Not a Kelly Blue Book type, but I thought I had run across some site or sites that had prices.  Lot's of variables (as we all know) to sell prices, especially at an auction.

Rather than sell prices, it may not be a bad idea for history sake to log "expected sell prices" at the first of each year.  Then, as the year progresses, see how the predictions went. Thoughts?
- Superbird Steve - Chicago
1970 A13 E86 D32 B5 H2XW w/GIII, ITB, 6L85

Homerr

Feel free to use my registries as a starting point, it'll save some time.    ;)  You should be able to save as your own Google Doc, Excel, etc.  The Superbird one is under construction, no ETA yet but not imminent.

(see sig for links)

500Jon

Thats easy tracking Wingcar prices these days!

Too expensive for most Mopar Folks, $100,000 for any thing that has a vin tag and a cool MILLION for top enders! :D

But when it comes to C500's that's a real guessing game.
Seen R/T's getting more money than a nice R/T C500... :scratchchin:

I think they should be $75,00 for a nice 440 and $150,000 for a nice Hemi C500, Simples as we say in the UK! :smilielol:
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

Dragon Slayer

Quote from: 500Jon on February 06, 2017, 12:16:18 PM
Thats easy tracking Wingcar prices these days!

Too expensive for most Mopar Folks, $100,000 for any thing that has a vin tag and a cool MILLION for top enders! :D

But when it comes to C500's that's a real guessing game.
Seen R/T's getting more money than a nice R/T C500... :scratchchin:

I think they should be $75,00 for a nice 440 and $150,000 for a nice Hemi C500, Simples as we say in the UK! :smilielol:

Doesn't Color and Transmission play?  It seems to.  10 to 20% premium on a 4 spd.  Color can vary, but from what I see tracking Superbirds a white 6pack car can go for less than a colored 4bbl. 

500Jon

Thats funny to have a premium on a 4-speed car.
Most Folks I know that have owned one, have relly hated it!

Me, I wouldn't want an 'auto' NASCAR homologation car, ITS JUST NOT RIGHT... :slap:

To me 'White-car' means Pilot-model, Black-car means GANGSTER or FUNERAL's lol :scratchchin:

Once you get past the 'green' exterior she is all MUSCLE underneath lol...

500Jon

Just seen a wickedly nice A12 4-speed Runner!
Concours condition, one of 422 made in a great color.
£155,000...(thats the price of a Hemi 500)...

Don't get prices anymore, its all over the place with Mopars these days.
Its 'pick a price' time at the moment methinks?

How could a 'one of 422' A12, be twice the price of a 'one of 25' A11??? :shruggy:

Not built at Creative and no window plug either? :slap:

farm966

Do you think a lot more people relate to the days of drag racing therefore they like the A12 RoadRunner?? Just guessing here....they are both beautiful cars, but if the Charger has a hemi and a 4spd, give me the Charger all day long.