News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hoses - Shiny or Flat?

Started by Skull-1, January 04, 2014, 05:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skull-1

Quote from: Ghoste on January 06, 2014, 05:51:29 PM
I bet if you just go through there and start wiping things down with a rag and a good cleaner though, you'll be surprised how much newer (and shinier) some of that stuff will get.

:2thumbs:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6231.0.html

1969 Dodge Charger "Ol' Yeller"
1991 Buick Regal Custom
1992 Buick Regal Custom
1995 Buick Regal Gran Sport
1996 Buick Regal SE (R.I.P.)

ODZKing

LOL, I'm still laughing from the earlier comment ... but seriously. I usually wipe them down and get the dust off.  Some are naturally shinier than others, but then I don't have "factory" style hoses either.

Skull-1

Very nice.  I should consider an air cleaner like that....
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6231.0.html

1969 Dodge Charger "Ol' Yeller"
1991 Buick Regal Custom
1992 Buick Regal Custom
1995 Buick Regal Gran Sport
1996 Buick Regal SE (R.I.P.)

Lord Warlock

I had a few hoses that got overspray on them when i was painting the fender with the hood up (had leaf bags covering most of the motor but didn't bother with the hoses as i thought i'd replace them later anyway.  I had some Plasti-dip cans on the shelf and tried coating the upper radiator hose with that and it came out looking very nice, its flexible, its balanced between flat and new/shiny looking and buys me time until i do buy new hoses.  Still have to buy new belts and heater/ac hoses.  

Were the factory plug wires orange?  I need to find a dual snorkel air breather for my car, since its coded with the silencer package, it's always had the unsilenced one on it since i got it. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

ODZKing

Quote from: Lord Warlock on January 07, 2014, 04:15:03 PM
Were the factory plug wires orange? 
Not in 67 but I had 'em so they went on. I like them better than the black.

Ghoste

That looks to be the right amount of dull and shiny under there too.  Very nice.