News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for a 68-70 charger for 200 dollars..

Started by 1974dodgecharger, January 13, 2014, 03:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

I wonder if because you can now buy all most every part need to repair these cars driving up the clapped out rust bucket parts Charger prices up? :scratchchin:

Heck, all most all of them can be repaired. All it takes is cubic money. :2thumbs:

Cuda Ken
I am back

JB400

lloyd3

I'm speechless after looking at that $2,800 hulk. Even at $1,500 it would exceed the capacity of 98% of the car-loving world to do anything with it.  Having just gone through a fairly simple repair and repaint of an accident damaged car (that took far-longer and cost me way-more than I would have ever dreamed),  it staggers me to think of all the parts and talent it would take to do anything with it.  If a clapped-out POS is worth $1,500, how do you extrapolate that to the value of a solid No. 2/No. 3 car?  The adage of "buy them already done" takes on a whole new meaning.

Mike DC

That $2800 hulk is simply not a car.  It's a very big car part which happens to carry the vehicle's numbers.  If you want a whole car then you need to start with that and also another car(s) to complete the supply of raw materials.  

Think of an engine block.  You wouldn't buy an engine block calling it a whole car.  You wouldn't start with that and then begin buying every single piece of the rest of the car out of catalogs.  

When they started making new body shells for Camaros & Mustangs, they didn't advertise "new Camaros and Mustangs".  They advertised a very large new part for restoring the existing cars.

Cooter

Just because most of these junk cars are priced on crack, doesn't change the fact they are $150.00 Chargers, someone's overpriced...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

spoolinhard

Quote from: Cooter on January 14, 2014, 06:47:29 AM
Just because most of these junk cars are priced on crack, doesn't change the fact they are $150.00 Chargers, someone's overpriced...

When you can't buy them for 1500, it absolutely changes the fact!!!!

Mike DC

Yeah but the sellers have to actually get those selling prices for the car to be worth that much.  Many of them never get a buyer at those figures.  They just aren't very serious about selling the car. 

bill440rt

There doesn't seem to be many takers of the $150 Charger variety, either.  :lol:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

hemihead

I agree wholeheartily that these prices are insane but on the flip side , if YOU are the one who's selling it's worth every dollar . I've seen cars on this site that I would never give what someone is asking . I have actually seen guys fighting mad over an offer that the seller thought was an insult .
The there is the " it's an old car and I saw one on Barrett Jackson just like it " crowd . I guess it all comes down to which side of the fence you sit on , buyer or seller .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

dual fours

Quote from: TPR on January 13, 2014, 05:25:59 AM
FOUND ONE!
Man you found a whole Charger, you lucky dog.
I found a parts Charger, very good body! :smilielol:
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG