News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1967 Charger Brake Booster to MC Clearance Issue

Started by gibber, January 03, 2014, 06:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gibber

I am just finishing up my restoration project on my 67 Charger. I still have a lingering brake issue. I can't seem to get the clearance correct on the push rod out of the Bendix brake booster to the MC. Both pieces are OE and have recently been rebuilt. Unfortunately when I bought the car it had all aftermarket components that looked like they belonged in a Toyota, lol!  It seems as tho the push rod coming out of the booster is too long. The only way I have been able to get clearance is to remove the acorn nut adjuster at the end of the rod. I know that isn't correct, and the symptoms are that the rear brake don't release all the way occasionally. The only remedies I can think of are either to shorten the push rod (cut it) or install a spacer of some sort between the booster and MC. My shop manual doesn't show any pictures of how that power brake setup is supposed to look. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mark
Mark Gibson
1966 and 67 Charger, 1968 D200 Pickup
Mopar Gauge Troubles? I can help!
www.thegaugedoc.com

b5blue

b5blue

Go down the page to see, it's colored green in my pic. It should have a black rubber seal fitted also.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,70877.0.html

A383Wing

yea...missing spacer between master & booster would be my guess as well

gibber

Mark Gibson
1966 and 67 Charger, 1968 D200 Pickup
Mopar Gauge Troubles? I can help!
www.thegaugedoc.com

A383Wing

I might have one...will check this weekend...if I remember

gibber

Mark Gibson