News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help with Frame and front end componant ID (hopefully)

Started by rp23g7, December 28, 2013, 11:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rp23g7

Hey guys,i knww we are Mopar guys, but some of you have experience in GM stuff

As most of you know my wife has a 41 Chrysler street Rod with a 38 Chevy nose, with GM subframe.

Its time to rebuild the front end and steering box.  the original builder built it 30 yrs ago, and doesn't remember what he used to build it.

He said 70 Monte or Nova, but the front end it too narrow and doesn't look at all like them.

I took part numbers off the calipers and such, they decoded as late 70s Camaro, but the Pitman arm has a Chevelle part number on it.  So I went and bought a front end kit from PST, for a mid to late 70s GM

It has a Saginaw 605 Steering box, straight Pitman arm and straight idler arm.

Its upper control arms have a huge bend in them, Thinking that would be a huge giveaway for ID ing them, I had someone look at them and he thought they may be off a truck, so I googled S10 upper control arm and they are a dead ringer for whats on the car. but I went to the S10 forums and they say it looks like GM A body, so I went and posted on a El Camino/Malibu site, no reply yet.

But knowing some of you had or have GM stuff, maybe someone can id it, at least maybe the lower control arm or ball joint

Maybe someone here can help, pictures below. thanks