News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Six pack accelerator pump not working?

Started by b5blue, December 23, 2013, 06:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

My "Holley rebuild" center carb's accelerator pump just sits there. I get no shot of fuel and it's acting like there is no spring inside the diaphragm, the arm has no spring back action. It's not leaking any fuel but I'm wondering if ethanol is messing with it as it has mostly sat around while I was doing body repairs over the last 20 months.
   I'm thinking it may be time to rebuild my original 69 1/2  center carb and just put it back between it's matching outboards. Is Chicago Corvette still my best bet for kits?
b5   

jlatessa

Holley has most everything you'll need as far as accel pump stuff.
Chicago Vette for all the misc. little parts like bowl vent arms, springs etc.

When buying accel pump diaphragms, there are now ethanol resistant ones, green I think.

Do you mean your pump arm isn't moving? Is the plastic cam mounted on the throttle shaft?

Joe

b5blue

All the linkage is fine, something is going on in the pump. It's feeling like the diaphragm is stuck or something. Comparing my old to the new the new does not reset for the next shot. I just ordered a rebuild kit from Ch. Vett. it was only 35.00 shipped so I'll "get in there" and find out what's going on.  :2thumbs: