News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Australian VE Valiant suspension

Started by HeavyFuel, January 02, 2014, 03:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyFuel

Is the front suspension the same as a 2nd gen  Charger?   Specifically the UCA?

I'm trying to figure out if this part will work on our cars for correcting caster.  The rubber Moog ones just don't seem like they'd hold up very long, and I don't want to drop $350 on tubular uppers with engineered caster.

http://www.nolathane.com.au/product_detail.php?part_number=45215

charger Downunder

Yep upper bushes on Australian vals the same as our b body chargers i have the standard ones in my car from Nolathane.
[/quote]

HeavyFuel

Right on!

Now....to find a distributor in the US.     :scratchchin:

Do you suppose the retailers in your neck of the woods will ship internationally?

Is the price you paid for them reasonable?

charger Downunder

You see them on ebay contact the sellers and ask to ship internationally most of them will.
[/quote]

Ghoste

Wow, I thought everything on the Aussie Valiant line was propietary to Chrysler Australia.

Bob T

Quote from: Ghoste on January 03, 2014, 12:34:37 PM
Wow, I thought everything on the Aussie Valiant line was propietary to Chrysler Australia.

Its weird because its just the upper arms and nothing else as far as I remember.
But interior trim items and door latches and some stuff is the same. If you get under a Valiant Charger A body and a Dodge Charger   B body its just a scaled down version, I think it was the parent corporation input into, Bob Hubbach did a fine job - they probably decided with the limited development timeframe to use/rework the U.S. catalogue.

Ghoste, if you get a chance , look up Hey Charger by Gary Bridger, its a good read and well documented on the build and race history of the Aussie Chargers...had some photos around somewhere of the club cars a the book launch a few years back, should see if I can find them.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Ghoste

I have it as well as a few magazines that were Valiant Charger spedific but its a few years since I read it.

HeavyFuel

How crazy are the shipping costs from AU to USA?

I popped some quick numbers into a tool and it spit out something like $150.  Ouch.

Bob T

Quote from: HeavyFuel on January 03, 2014, 03:05:08 PM
How crazy are the shipping costs from AU to USA?

I popped some quick numbers into a tool and it spit out something like $150.  Ouch.

Yeah, robbery ain't it...try getting something from the States to a little further south and then they get the order wrong and it has to go back and then the right stuff comes with more freight..  :brickwall:
Maybe get one of the Ozzies to buy it for you and send it surface  :shruggy:

Quote from: Ghoste on January 03, 2014, 02:39:14 PM
I have it as well as a few magazines that were Valiant Charger spedific but its a few years since I read it.

Ok, cool  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Ghoste

And though its been a while, I concur that its a good read.  Can't recall the name of the magazine now, I have two or three issues dating from around 2000 I would guess?