News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 Charger - Brake Lines - Question

Started by Shakey, March 06, 2006, 08:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

I see that these folks http://www.inlinetube.com/ offer brake lines for my '69 Charger with power disc brakes, an 8 3/4 rear differential and the ports on my master cylinder coming out on the RT (engine) side.

I see that they ask whether or I need a 7 piece kit or an 8 piece kit.  I see that there was either a 1 piece brake line running from front to back or a 2 piece line running from front to back.

How do I know what was correct and what I need to do the job properly.  Of course I looked at my car but I have found way too may things on there from the previous owner that are incorrect.

Any insight would be appreciated.

resq302

Shakey,

I just got my set from The Right Stuff.  Their catalog gives pictures of what metering valves and proportioning valves could have come on your car.  From what I read and learned, our cars could have come from the factory with lines exiting on the right or left side of the manifold and could have also had two different metering valves in the system.  I ordered the 7 piece set (if I remember correctly) as I only have the propotioning valve and one metering valve.  Weirdly enough, my car has the lines exiting from the fender side on the master cylinder.

If I am wrong with any of the above info, someone please feel free to correct me.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto