News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 Harmonic Balancer options?

Started by b5blue, November 14, 2013, 07:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Harmonic Balancers...what are my options/best choice for stock build 69 forged crank 440? (.060 overbore) After the rapid decay of the one on my Cherokee's engine I'm thinking how much longer can my 44 year old 440's last? I'd like to have a replacement ready as soon the Charger is returning to daily driver status. 
  With the bore maxed out on this block I'd like to go with whatever is "best" for street use and compatibility with P.S. and adding Aftermarket A/C. (If that matters.) I'm a bit lost in the mix of what is available between types and compatibility?  Any advise/experience from you guys is greatly appreciated!  :scratchchin:
b5 

myk

Are you trying to maintain originality?  If not, I would just pick up something pretty in the aftermarket from Summit...

68CoronetRT

I believe your engine is an internally balanced engine. So almost any harmonic balencer off the shelf will work. Now if it was a 72+ block then that would be a whole nother story... :2thumbs: