News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

door ding repair

Started by tucknroll, October 30, 2013, 08:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tucknroll

hey guys, does anyone have any tricks or good ways to fix door dings yourself. my son put a dime size dent about a foot behind the door handle. you cant see it if you don't know its there but it drives me crazy.

twodko

Visit a local body shop you know and trust, ask them to recommend a PDR tech. I've used PDR services on several vehicles with outstanding results. A ding the size of what you describe is a cakewalk repair for these guys and you'll never know it ever happen when they're done.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

tucknroll

Dino

If it is not near a crease then they will likely pull it out by attaching a small plastic pawn looking thing to the dent with hot glue and pull it out.  By using nylon hammers they can tap the raised parts back until it's nice and straight.  Then they will use a tiny block to sand it in several steps and polish it back to a shine.  If they have to go in to push it out ask them to leave the door panel off so you can apply primer and/or cavity wax to that area.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

1974dodgecharger

Leave the patina alone.....

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!