News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dirty Mary Crazy larry

Started by bad1032, February 24, 2006, 06:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bad1032

DM CL is on fmc channel started at 6 :yesnod:

Ghoste

We need a "handsprings of joy" smiley. :icon_smile_big:

Big Lebowski

"Franklin to clown in the Charger"
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

440AirForce

Was it the TV version with deleted scenes?
Whether or not I'm good at English is inimportant!

Shakey

"Nice little town"

"Any town is a nice little town, when you nail a broad"   :yesnod:

Ghoste

Quote from: 440AirForce on March 03, 2006, 02:19:58 AM
Was it the TV version with deleted scenes?

That's about the only version that is ever seen anymore.  Even the recent dvd release with all the extra interview footage failed to include the deleted scenes.  Shame.

Crazy Larry

Yeah, but they get bonus points for having the tic-tock-tac decal on the DVD - great Charger reference with the packaging.

Ghoste

If they had included those scenes, they could have packed it in a paper sack for all I care.  I have a very old and poor copy of the version with the missing scenes and I have been searching for many years for a decent copy now.

Shakey

What are some of the missing scenes about?

Ghoste

The first one occurs during the robbery.  Stanton's secretary interupts the safe emptying when she brings his coffee.  In a very Larryesque move, Fonda's character helps himself to the coffee and thanks her.  The next scene occurs while they are fixing the front end of the Chevy.  Carl very sarcastically thanks Franklin for taking down the roadblocks and then informs him that if the suspects get away, he'll hold him personally responsible.  When he leaves the room, Franklin mutters' "I knew you would".
The next scene occurs at the flea market, the Charger is loaded and Mary has wandered off and they have a chance to make a quick easy getaway when Larry spies the locals pitching coins.  He has to play first and takes all the locals money without giving them a chance to win it back.  The couple of minutes delay costs them in the end of course.
The final scene occurs in the walnut grove right before Larry shoves Mary to the ground.  After the radio blares out about her shoplifting spree and Larry laughs at her, she gives along speech that she memorized from Shakespeare (? I forget the source now) which leads into telling him the bit about "eye-hand coordination".

Charger_69

Ghoste!!!! You missed the best of the missing footage, to where the Sherriffs are interogating the Big biker looking guys with the 67camaro rs," something like what they hell is going on here" "did anyone get a license plate" if you up and talk i might not be able to hear them pipes" they good ole boys respond with it"it had a 351 Clevland with a 4 barrell" another says" naw it had a stock block 426 HEMI" the other goes" it had a 440 i saw it on the decal" then the last sais "it had a black racing stripe"  anyone remember :devil:

Ghoste

Doh! (as in Homer, not that orange 69 Charger show) You're right of course and it is the best of the missing scenes.

Shakey

Geez fellas, I thought the missing scenes would be something like the two guys nailing Mary on the hood of the Charger as the sun goes down in the peach orchard!

Ghoste

No, no not at all.  It's all the artsy fartsy stuff which gives powerful insight into the characters mindset so you you are able to get into the real meat of this powerful and compelling drama.  Otherwise the whole film is just a big 90 minute car chase. :icon_smile_approve: